Sign in to follow this  
PlayerZ

DFI & Opteron won't boot

What are you doing with power applied to your system and opening and closing the cpu brackett? Trying to blow your CPU? Sorry but come on You have to know not to ever do anything like that. Your sending random joltz of power thru your CPU If it wasn't bad before it is now.

:eek:

had not yet understood the situation…. well. I already obtained to identify the problem. I am only analyzing what case can be made in this.

Well when you close the brackett and send the power thru the broken CPU the light gets dimm and when you open the brackett and take the power away from the cpu the light gets brighter.

you needed to clear the cmos to erase all of your old settings, then properly install the opteron

but if you are putting the cpu without the heatsink and screwing around with the bracket... I am afraid your cpu is now toast

Hello,

From what I have read it would appear that both opteron CPUs are faulty.

You should never power a board then put a CPU into the socket, this will cause damage.