Sign in to follow this  
CBRTony6

FX-60 Question

Hey everyone.

I was considering on upgrading my current processor from a 3200+ Winchester to the FX-60 and I had a question.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819103608

For my bios, im currently running 3/10/2005, and im sure to run that chip im going to have to flash. Which would you recommend?

I borrowed my friends Rainbowsix Vegas game, and at some points the frame rate isn't the best. I feel as if my current processor is bottlenecking my system, does that sound right considering my other hardware specs in my sig.?

I appreciate your responses, thanks!

- Tone :)

im currently running 3/10/2005, and im sure to run that chip im going to have to flash. Which would you recommend?

I appreciate your responses, thanks!

- Tone :)

I think a better value would be: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819103586 so long as you're willing to overclock from the stock 10x200.

As you can see it's priced much cheaper than the FX-60 but of course you don't have an unlocked multiplier. But, you can use up to 10x which I think most use and bump up the HTT/FSB.

The odds are on your favor that it should provide a decent OC. I got mine at 10x250 @1.35v and 10x280 @1.50v. For 10x250, I had the memory at 1:1 (250MHz) but had to use 9:10 (254.5MHz) for 10x280. This was using UTT CH-5 (2x512mb) @3.3v.

I haven't extensively tested nor pushed the cpu to see how far it can go because I have air cooling. But, at 2.8GHz, this Opteron dual-core runs all my games well. Of course, I can't give all the credit to the chip because I'm also using a GeForce 7900GT (see my sig).

--Fernando