Gaming hard drive

demonR6

I was looking for some adivce on a new hard drive. My computer is primarily used for gaming, occasionally I listen to mp3s and browse the web. Currently I have the SATA drive listed in my sig. I am only using 40% of my drive if that. I keep it clean, using Diskeeper for the constant defrag, Registry Mechanic as well on a weekly basis.

More or less it is as clean and efficient as it can get. On that end I was considering another faster drive to run the OS and games. I can stick with a newer SATA drive with an 8m cache or I was considering a 74GB Raptor. I am aware of the newer generation, mack daddy 150GB Raptor but I don't know if that would be overkill at this juncture.

I only have two or three games loaded ever so it is not a question of me having fifty plus games and a load of crap littering my drive. If anyone would offer a hand and some suggestions I would appreciate it much.

I like the new Seagates. 99% as fast as the raptor, with 1% as many failures. You can't lose! Seagate was the first to make a quiet hard drive, and they are one of the most reliable brands.. if not the most reliable.

Three drives in RAID 0 is insane. You're practically asking your data to walk out the door. You triple your chance of losing everything..

Thats why you only use the RAID 0 for the OS install & temp/non-essential files. Keep all the files that are vital on a separate non-RAID drive & do regular backups of files on the RAID to non-RAID Drives.