41 members have voted

1. 1.

• Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum
    • Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Platinum 7.1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize these aren't one of your choices, but honestly I'd definitely take an Auzentech X-Mystique over those. Better sound quality and better driver support.

Otherwise, take the Audigy2 ZS, the X-Fi isn't any better.

I realize these aren't one of your choices, but honestly I'd definitely take an Auzentech X-Mystique over those. Better sound quality and better driver support.

Otherwise, take the Audigy2 ZS, the X-Fi isn't any better.

Before I started this poll I read this thread http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...light=Soundcard the one you did a review on sound cards.

Technodanvan what do you thank about this one here >>> AuzenTech XPlosion 7.1 7.1 Channels 24-bit. what is you thoughts on this card.

The AuzenTech cards are probably better for listening to music, but unfortunately Creative Labs has a monopoly on the widely supported EAX. If you care about that sort of thing, I'd get a creative sound card.

Noobie: just about any card would yield an improvement over the onboard audio, it is just a matter of how good your speakers are, how anal you are about audio quality, and how deep your pockets are. If you have $5 radioshack crap speakers, you won't notice any difference in sound quality if you get the most expensive, highest end sound card there is. That whole concept of bottlenecks with computer components also applies to sound quality. Don't go all out on one part if the other components will severely limit its capabilities.

ps: I'm no Creative fanboy, their drivers suck, and their customer support is terrible. The main reason I have a creative sound card is because their emu10k1 based cards have the best linux support. I don't know of any other chipsets that have hardware mixing support with alsa.

Before I started this poll I read this thread http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...light=Soundcard the one you did a review on sound cards.

Technodanvan what do you thank about this one here >>> AuzenTech XPlosion 7.1 7.1 Channels 24-bit. what is you thoughts on this card.

The XPlosion is the card I've been using for quite some time now, I absolutely love it!

Auzentech certainly has better music quality, and as from my experience with the X-Fi it's on par as far as games go as well. EAX doesn't do anything for me, just shut it off (in supported games) and use either DDL or DTS Connect and you'll still have your surround sound.

Hi guys my onboard audio went out onmy DFI ( I see no reason to RMA it just for that ) & I was looking at this Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series I like the one that Mr.technodanvan suggested but I would like the EAX. So is this a good card ? It'll be used for lots of Gaming like BF2 , Doom 3 ,Quake 4 , COD 2 ect.....

Hi guys my onboard audio went out onmy DFI ( I see no reason to RMA it just for that ) & I was looking at this Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series I like the one that Mr.technodanvan suggested but I would like the EAX. So is this a good card ? It'll be used for lots of Gaming like BF2 , Doom 3 ,Quake 4 , COD 2 ect.....

No need for the Fatality version, the Xtrememusic is much more affordable and offers everything you need. The X-Ram is a gimmick and isn't needed.