Good Opteron 170 Stepping from newegg

CustomBuild

My Opty 170 CCBBE 0610DPMW that I just got from newegg two days ago does 2910mhz at 1.475 and was prime stabe for the 8 hours that I tested it. I just cannot get it to go any higher. Even at 1.5v it still will not finish prime 95 at 3000mhz. The computer seems fine at that speed but Prime is not. Currently idle is 33-34C and load is 42-44C. I think I might just keep it at this speed. It appears to be the maximum reasonable overclock for this cpu.

While there are variations within steppings, you might want to double check that nothing else is holding you back. I have thw exact same stepping and get 2900Mhz at ~1.42V and can hit 3000MHz at 1.48V.

Make sure you did not overclock your memory by mistake as your increasing FSB, and it is causing you to fail Prime.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Opty 170 CCBBE 0610DPMW that I just got from newegg two days ago does 2910mhz at 1.475 and was prime stabe for the 8 hours that I tested it. I just cannot get it to go any higher. Even at 1.5v it still will not finish prime 95 at 3000mhz. The computer seems fine at that speed but Prime is not. Currently idle is 33-34C and load is 42-44C. I think I might just keep it at this speed. It appears to be the maximum reasonable overclock for this cpu.

2.9ghz with an SI-120? :drool: I must really be doing something wrong. I can't get close to touching those temps at that kind of voltage. I hit 50C at 2.73ghz with 1.375v, and that's not completely stable.

What kind of case do you have? What kind of fans are you using?

• 1 month later...

I got a 170 CCBBE 0615 EPMW a week ago and right now I have it 10+ hours Prime Stable with the settings in my sig.

2900mhz 1.400v core +104%

I've also never had this RAM (OCZ Platinum) get as high as it has. 241mhz! :) 2.5-3-2-5 I like it. :D

My temps are about 31c idle and max load I've seen has been 45c. My AC Freezer 64 Pro is OK but I might get something a little better to see if I can hit 3ghz and still keep temps low.

I didn't get mine @ the Egg, but in a forum deal I just got a 170 CCBBE 0615 EPMW. The previous owner had it at 2.8GHz at 1.4v. From everything I've seen here and read @ the Egg in the customer reviews, these sound like awesome chips. Mine's been running for less than 24 hours, so I haven't started OC'ing it yet. I do know I have some work to do on getting the ram timings stable...

Guest LookBackX2

My Opty 170 CCBBE 0615 EPMW, is sitting happy @ 2860 on a 180/200 mem ratio. This is the highest I've ever clocked it, and the only clock I've gotten stable past 2650. Idle temp is 28c, and full load floats from 37c to 38c. 18hrs & some odd minutes dual prime stable. vcore is 1.396 in cpu-z, 1.39 SmtGdn. I am proud as hell @ this clock, but want to go higher. Maybe 2950 or 3000! But I'm scared as hell to try, caouse it is so hard to get back where I am on my board if an overclock fails. It just loves to require a full cmos clear if I use a setting it doesn't like. :confused: What to do, what to do.:rolleyes:

That what CMOS reloaded is for ;) Put your current high OC into a config there and then go back to tweaking. If you have to do a full CMOS clear, you should be able to restore that OC from the CMOS Reloaded menu in the BIOS.

EDIT: Does that board have CMOS Reloaded? Never saw more detailed info on it...

My Opty 170 CCBBE 0615 EPMW, is sitting happy @ 2860 on a 180/200 mem ratio. This is the highest I've ever clocked it, and the only clock I've gotten stable past 2650. Idle temp is 28c, and full load floats from 37c to 38c. 18hrs & some odd minutes dual prime stable. vcore is 1.396 in cpu-z, 1.39 SmtGdn. I am proud as hell @ this clock, but want to go higher. Maybe 2950 or 3000! But I'm scared as hell to try, caouse it is so hard to get back where I am on my board if an overclock fails. It just loves to require a full cmos clear if I use a setting it doesn't like. :confused: What to do, what to do.:rolleyes:

I'm happy with my 2.9 for now.

You should get a better mb. :O

Guest LookBackX2
I'm happy with my 2.9 for now.

You should get a better mb. :O

Ouch...(i know):mad:

Definately looking @ the expert, opinions? No not gonna hijack. not gonna do it. pm suggestions. yeah that's it. pm me.