CFX3200, Tony's R5D_037, and SiI BIOS / DRAM DDS

Don't know if I should have posted this in ATI Chipsets but here it is anyway.

I have 2 problems with Tony's modded 7/28/06 BIOS (from TMod's very helpful CD)

1 - whenever I set DRAM Data Drive Strength it's always back at Auto when I get back into the BIOS

2 - it has an older version of the Silicon Image BIOS than the 7/28 BIOS (also on TMod's helpful CD), I can't remember the exact numbers but it's like 5.2.16 as opposed to 5.3.14. I normally wouldn't care but my system was setup with the 5.3.14 BIOS and with 5.2.16 it won't boot, it does 'verifying DMI pool data' and then just sits there, no "NO BOOT DEVICE" warnings (or whatever it is), and it doesn't freeze either because both numlock and ctrl+alt+del work.

Anyway I just flashed back to 7/28 and everything is rolling smoothly I just was hoping like we all do that the new BIOS would magically make my overclock way better.

Obviously to solve the #2 issue I would just have to install XP with the old SiI BIOS, but the first one was a little annoying as I've heard you have to set it back (towards -50%) as your RAM speed increases.

Don't know if I should have posted this in ATI Chipsets but here it is anyway.

I have 2 problems with Tony's modded 7/28/06 BIOS (from TMod's very helpful CD)

1 - whenever I set DRAM Data Drive Strength it's always back at Auto when I get back into the BIOS

2 - it has an older version of the Silicon Image BIOS than the 7/28 BIOS (also on TMod's helpful CD), I can't remember the exact numbers but it's like 5.2.16 as opposed to 5.3.14. I normally wouldn't care but my system was setup with the 5.3.14 BIOS and with 5.2.16 it won't boot, it does 'verifying DMI pool data' and then just sits there, no "NO BOOT DEVICE" warnings (or whatever it is), and it doesn't freeze either because both numlock and ctrl+alt+del work.

Anyway I just flashed back to 7/28 and everything is rolling smoothly I just was hoping like we all do that the new BIOS would magically make my overclock way better.

Obviously to solve the #2 issue I would just have to install XP with the old SiI BIOS, but the first one was a little annoying as I've heard you have to set it back (towards -50%) as your RAM speed increases.

Well fixing the SATA issue is easy.

Did you notice in my first post for the CD the notes for that bios?

Tmod

I'm still waiting for that "magic" bios that will actually let me use the features the motherboard has. If I could use thise featues all at the same time that would be even better. We'll see what happens when it returns from it's 3rd RMA..

On a good note, the board is a vicious overclocker once you figure out it is not an NF4 and will not run with settings you use on an NF4. The CFX3200 likes to be run very aggressive..

Untweaked 037 bios for the DFI CFX3200,

be sure to set MAL and RP manually to at least 5.5 and 7 once its flashed

and you must manually set TREF also, do NOT leave it at AUTO.

Updating the bios to the 5.3.14 is simple, if you ask Tmod nicely he might do it for you and put it on his Cd ;)

Logan

I don't think Tony ended up doing much with that bios. I tried to check out the tweaked version awhile back but the link was dead and the untweaked version wasn't nothing to write home about..

The initial release had the best feel too it for clocking but everything else was screwed so it can't even be considered..

Well fixing the SATA issue is easy.

Don't worry about it, based on what I've heard here I'll sitck to 7/28.

Did you notice in my first post for the CD the notes for that bios?

Tmod

Did you mean this?

Untweaked 037 bios for the DFI CFX3200, 

be sure to set MAL and RP manually to at least 5.5 and 7 once its flashed 

and you must manually set TREF also, do NOT leave it at AUTO.

I did that, I like to try to set as few options to "Auto" as possible because they usually just cause mayhem.

Anyway right now I'm priming 301x9 1.3x101.4. I would go higher (board willing) but honestly I've never had a board overclock like this before so I'm a little scared and taking it slow.