Flashing An Mx420 To A 440?

Mist

Ive searched google but seein how this is an old card i knew it was pretty bleak. Anyways anyone know if u can flash a 420 to a 440? I would ask if a 460 is possible but i highly doubt it,

hmm i have the nvflash utility and the bios plus if anything goes wrong i have an mx420 pci version so i can reflash. I guess i will try tomorrow when i dont feel ill

Edit so far i have had no luck nvflash keeps saying i dont have a dpmi file and never loads so i guess its back to :google:

Ok after doing some research here is the ram on the card

K4D28163HD

2M x 16Bit x 4 Banks Double Data Rate Synchronous DRAM with Bi-directional Data Strobe and DLL

Part No. Max Freq. Max Data Rate Interface Package

K4D28163HD-TC50 200MHz 400Mbps/pin SSTL_2 66pin TSOP-II

Now here is what gets me it reads and runs at the speeds of a mx420 but according to its model number it its a MX440SE-T MS-887 so i should be able to flash it then right?

the mx420 has sdr ram, while the mx440 has ddr ram. I believe that would cause a problem if you tried to flash them.

not so. both cards came in ddr and sdr. 128bit sdr ram or 64bit ddr ram (why? I have no idea since neither version would out perform the other).