Sign in to follow this  
dresser

bf2 2560x1600

can anybody tell me how to run bf2 at 2560x1600 res,as simple as poss total noob.

thx

Since the 1.41 patch, I cannot get BF2 to run in any widescreen resolution. I spent several hours with that target line mod and trying to change the various BF2 video.con files to no avail. I have read that EA believes that the widescreen resolutions give an unfair advantage to those who cannot use the widescreen resolution. I don't get it. The FOV stayed the same when I modified the target line to wide screen.

They have turned that game into a rewards contest instead of it just being as a good, tactical fps and it seems that support for widescreen resolutions, SLI and dual cpu's aren't part of their game plan.

EDIT: UPDATE - I just figured out why I could not get BF2 to go to widescreen resolution with the target line mod. I have 2 quick launch icons, one for BF2, one for Special Forces. I modded the target lines of both icons......and BF2 launches and is now in wonderful widescreen (1920x1200) glory.

I totally missed modifying both quick launch icons in first futile endeavors since the 1.41 patch. I was only modifying the more frequently used BF2 icon. As for my previous editorial, I'm just plain frustrated at times with the stinkin' game and how it has turned out. I find myself playing it less and less. Now that I got it to go widescreen again, I may try to find what I saw in it in the first place.

I also had a lot of trouble a few times getting it to work in WS. I hate their gripe about WS giving an advantage. If they think it should be limited, why not make it so that everyone playing the game has to play it on lowest settings/etc.

The concept of the BF games is awesome, but how they play online with all the idiots has totally spoiled it. The rare ocassions I find a good group of people to play with, and someone doesn't go suicide tatics against you, thats when you realize the game is fun.

The rare ocassions I find a good group of people to play with

Yep. I have done that as well. I have also found some public servers where people are coordinating over the voip and playing/fighting more as a coordinated unit. That's where this game shines. Seems that it's getting harder to find such servers as of late.

why not make it so that everyone playing the game has to play it on lowest settings/etc.

lol.....they just make it run crappy for everyone, regardless of hardware......

The whole bit about WS resolutions causing an unfair advantage goes back alot further than just EA and BF2. Just thought Id throw that in there, its been a huge debate since WS became available.

even witha 6800gt at 1024, i cant play it maxed w/o lag..

When I was running my 6800GT, I ran the game at 1280x768 with everything on high, except dynamic lighting and shadowing. They were kept at low. That's how I found out about the widescreen resolutions. Earlier, I was fiddling about with Far Cry and just kept trying all the resolutions available and came upon the widescreen resolutions. That gmae also played better on widescreen resolutions with high quality settings. At 1280x768, I ran my GT on a NF3 board with 2x1G RAM and BF2 ran pretty good. I also used v-synch, forcing triple buffering to frames from bottoming out. At that time, I used DxTweaker for forcing triple buffering in D3D games. Now, one can download the final RivaTuner version and Unwinder included the ability to force triple buffering in the regular D3D tweak tabs.