Iomega USB KVM "Jerky" KB & Mouse

Hello all. I am a new joiner to the DFI Club. I have to say it is an awesome product. I love all the control it gives me. I spent several days just getting my over clock right which I am very happy to say I think I got! (see sig)

I am having a problem however. I use a IOGEAR (sorry for the incorrect title) USB KVM which works on many other computer combinations (even a MAC) but I am having problems with the DFI setup. The keyboard is sluggish (keys aren't registered sometimes) and the mouse is very "jerky". This occurs even in BIOS (I can't tell about the mouse but the KB is still sluggish) so I am ruling out Windows drivers.

Is there a setting I can play with? Any advice?

Some USB products are just not compatible with your DFI board. You have the USB keyboard enabled in the bios correct? AS for your overclock your besr bet is to cruise the overclock databases for Ram timings on systems simular to yours as well as the 939 overclock databasae

Some USB products are just not compatible with your DFI board. You have the USB keyboard enabled in the bios correct? AS for your overclock your besr bet is to cruise the overclock databases for Ram timings on systems simular to yours as well as the 939 overclock databasae

Yep, they're enabled in bios (usb kb & mouse). My overclock is perfect! I ran dual prime overnight with no errors.

At max load my temps are as follows:

CPU: 38c

PWMIC: 52c (this was 60+ before I installed another fan)

Chipset: 43c

My ram is @ 2.7 v and my cpu is 1.45 v

What's the exact model of IOGear KVM you have? I still have a few 2 and 4 port here from growing pains before I needed my now current IOGear GCS138 8port PS/2 KVM. Maybe play and try to duplicate locally.

Do either of those monitors have embedded USB Hubs on them? And if there is are they currently connected and are they v1.1, v2.0, or High-Speed 2.0?

Also, in Device Manager under USB Root Hubs, Power tab, what is being reported there under Power Required on the IN USE/ACTIVE ports?

Something you might experiment with is to try disabling the power saving feature under the Power Management tab.

Update:

At work, where I was "configuring" my new rig (it's really slow at work right now 'cause of the holidays) I use the IOMEGA mini USB with audio which didn't work with my new DFI rig. I took the machine home last night and I am happy to say it works fine with my Belkin FLIP USB KVM (also with my Logitech G15 keyboard).

So the case is an incompatibility with the IOMEGA product and my specific RIG. I don't know if it is every NF4 MB or just mine.

....Now to OC my video card :eek: