BSOD's for a few months now... and corrupt directory message

Ace has been on "leave" from his sig work. AFAIK I'm near the top of his list for the text. He said he had a good idea for it & I didn't want to step on his toes or nag him about it. The sig & text are my own creation but I'm waiting for his input.

Hey guys. My memory passed the memtests at 200mhz. I was wondering if it was okay that I am doing a full format rather than the quick format, which wa suggested by Sharp. I feel like a full one will totally clean my hard drive, in case there is something weird about it. Did you suggest quick because its really fast, so it would save me time? Or was I really supposed to do quick for some important reason =X?

back to the topic at hand...its your gskill...i had the same problem in the past with my set(same)...they are dying:eek2: see if you have a friend you can borrow some ram from before you spend $$ on a psu or mobo cause im 99% sure youll need new ram... btw i was able to get my faulty set to mem test at 300..but windows bsoded and had plenty of data corruption so be warned mem test stable isnt neccessarily windows stable...its just a good starting point thats all..

WOW are you serious.... you had BSOD's and the data corruption problem...? OMG.... Wow you are my savior... My sister has 512mb kingston value RAM that I could test with. ARGH but what am I going to do... we can't get TCCD anymore can we =[. Is there any other memory I could get that can run 2.5-3-3-7 at 275mhz? This ram cost me over $250 =[.

Don't worry too much about your RAM at this stage. The most likely cause of your troubles was not having that floppy connection plugged into the Mobo. Follow Sharps advice - if your PSU is good, and your memory settings are correct, we should be able to get you stable at stock - then you can start your overclocking...

To check memory stability most people will let MemTest run for 8+ hours. This is because sometimes heat and extended usage can cause the issues... Run 5&8 for 10+ passes each - and then leave all tests to run overnight. If you wake up and have no errors - you are memtest stable.

Hey guys. I haven't gotten a BSOD yet... This is amazing. My comp has been on for 15 hrs straight and not one BSOD. I passed superPI, passed OCCT, and ran Prime95 for 8.5hrs last nite. I already ran memtests 5 and 8 for 10+ loops and passed. This is all at stock settings. Thanks so much guys. I think you guys fixed it!

I am so scared to start overclocking haha!

Hey guys. I haven't gotten a BSOD yet... This is amazing. My comp has been on for 15 hrs straight and not one BSOD. I passed superPI, passed OCCT, and ran Prime95 for 8.5hrs last nite. I already ran memtests 5 and 8 for 10+ loops and passed. This is all at stock settings. Thanks so much guys. I think you guys fixed it!

I am so scared to start overclocking haha!

OK...now is the time to write down your successful memory timing from the GENIE BIOS before you OC your RIG to > 3.0GHZ..LMOA

:)