Corsair HX 620 problem

Well, My computer was running fine but I bought a corsair 620 watt modular psu because the psu I was using is not recommended. I installed the Corsair psu but when I try to start my computer I get a message "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I checked the IDE cables and power cables to my harddrive and all 4 power cables are connected. In the BIOS my dvd shows up but not my harddrive.

Well that shouldn't have anything to do with the psu but try changing your boot priority in the bios. Make sure that your harddrive that has windows on it is selected. Or hit "esc" during boot and try that as a temporary fix to select the right harddrive.

Did you try a cmos clear?

Well that shouldn't have anything to do with the psu but try changing your boot priority in the bios. Make sure that your harddrive that has windows on it is selected. Or hit "esc" during boot and try that as a temporary fix to select the right harddrive.

Did you try a cmos clear?

I tried that but the hardrive with windows doesnt show up.

Try replacing the drive cables If your using the yellow UV cables. They have been known to go bad or be bad. I had a problem with a disapearing drive and replaced my IDE cable and it has been fine ever since.
I tried replacing the cables but that didnt fix the problem.

ok...so I just replaced the master hardrive and

it was recognized and I installed windows on it. Now I'm wondering why my old master hardrive and slave drive arent recognized after I upgraded the psu??

• 5 months later...
Guest Barracas

I had a simular issue today after trying a few oc settings... I resolved this by removing all drives except for the master. I was then able to get past this and shut down and reconnected all drives.. All is well again..