Sign in to follow this  
Mr.N00bLaR

Booting up with CMOS jumper in clear position

Hello all, I think this is my first post, anyways..

I have a few rigs but right now I'm trying to concentrate on the FX rig in my signature. Unfortunately I messed up and booted up with the CMOS jumper in the clear position. Now when I boot up, lights, optical drives, hard drives and fans all go on. I get one beep and nothing on the screen =

Friends have told me this is fixable by purchasing a new BIOS ROM. Is this the case? If so where can I purchase one of these?

I'm not sure as to the BIOS version as I purchased this from somebody else.

TMod has this kind of thing available over on biosmedic.com.. But first - have you tried the full CMOS clear first - linkage in sig? It will often bring back a machine from the seemingly dead...

Guest erico

HI...

Do yourself a favor and don't go buying a new BIOS ROM yet. First do ExRoadie's Long clear procedure as in my signature. If that fails then we will talk about flashing your BIOS using TMOD's cd as it is the safest way to do it. Don't use winflash unless you really know what you are doing...Winflash can have disastrous results.

:)

Ok, thank you guys for the link, but it didn't work. After I release the Insert key and hit Delete I get more beeps. It was a steady one beep sequence, I remember there is chart for this error code somewhere..I forget.

EDIT: I mean the beep goes like this

-- -- -- -- -- --

So I would have to get it though 'that guy'. I was hoping if it came down to this I could purchase it from DFI. Right now that TMOD site has every page set to the same thing... How much do you think one of these would cost?

i did this with my first setup was a 939 abit motherboard, didnt do to much damage and a good cmos clear on that sorted it for me.

Here is a reply that I received from Tmod when I inquired about buying BIOS chips: "They are $15.00 USD each including USPS first class postage". He will let you chose the BIOS version that you want him to flash.

I believe this is an excellent price.

Unfortunately a good CMOS clear didn't do the job.

Did you do the long CMOS clear? Sometimes it takes at least 12 hours to be completely clear.