Thank God for this place!

Hey guys. I just got my DFI Expert a little over a week ago and I just got it working last night. I actually just wanted to thank everyone on this board for helping me out (even thought you dont know you did, since I did a TON of searching).

This is my 5th build (1st DFI) and by far the only one that wasnt up and running within a day. It took me 2 days just to install windows (kept freezing during the setup). After the windows installation was complete, it would randomly freeze during the startup screen (one with scrolling, knight rider like bar). Then, after the initial build, whenever I added a drive, I would get the BSOD during startup. I had to put all of my drives on the cable select jumper and make sure they were in the right order just to get it started. But of course I still got the BSOD, but at a different point than the first time.

Sooo......

I replaced my Dynex 500w power supply (it says 34A for combined rails, but I don't know... I was told to replace this anyway by you guys, but wanted to give it a chance) with an Antec Trio 650w (which is getting returned once I get my OCZ). After replacing the PSU, everything worked like a champ.

Basically, just letting everyone know how great this place is and if it werent for you, I would have RMA'd my board a bunch of times until I finally gave up and bought a Dell (oh, just kidding, I wouldnt do that).

Thanks,

Craig

blackandblue,

Glad you stuck with it and you're up and running. That is an awesome motherboard, enjoy it.

DFI-Street is all about the support. Most of all the answers are here to get these bad boys up and running. Be proud of your self for searching for the answers.

I also want to thank you for coming back to give your appreciation to the forum and those that helped you.

James

Super!!

You are so lucky you could get an SLI-DR Expert.. I can't even find one over here in the Netherlands.

Take a look at downloading TMOD's BIOS CD.. It is what you need should you decide to update your to OCZTony's BigTOE tweaked one, which is superb for our MOBOs (has memtest95 built into the GENIE BIOS as an option)

Welcome to "the Street"

:)

Super!!

You are so lucky you could get an SLI-DR Expert.. I can't even find one over here in the Netherlands.

Take a look at downloading TMOD's BIOS CD.. It is what you need should you decide to update your to OCZTony's BigTOE tweaked one, which is superb for our MOBOs (has memtest95 built into the GENIE BIOS as an option)

Welcome to "the Street"

:)

I just downloaded it yesterday. Haven't had a chance to burn it. Thats good info, because I wasn't sure which BIOS to try. Actually, the BIOS that came with my board has memtest too.