4x256 1T

Right ive read in the manual and else where online that 4x single sided matching sticks of ram will work nice in my mobo @ 1T

so after trouble with my poo ram ive orderded 2x pairs of this stuff

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....rodid=MY-004-GL

i found this ram on my boards recomended ram for overclocking page

http://eu.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_me...PRODUCT_ID=3669

basically what im asking is has anybody tried 4x sticks to see if it actually does work @ 1 t i know it probably will as its the exzact stuff recomended by dfi i just wanted to make sure , and if someone has got that stuff how well does it clock etc

i know it probably will as its the exzact stuff recomended by dfi i just wanted to make

It probably won't. Check your owner's manual, page 29.

A DIMM's SPD is originally fixed at 1T. When modules are inserted

in DIMM 1 and DIMM 3, the SPD must be 2T for better system

stability. We recommend inserting DIMMs in DIMM 2 and DIMM 4.

I run 2 sets of 256s with miss matched chips at T1 on that board. But had to SPD all four of them the same. So if all four are the same make and Ver # and all have the same chips and spd is the same and you have the memory timings just right it is possible to run T1

Right ive read in the manual and else where online that 4x single sided matching sticks of ram will work nice in my mobo @ 1T

so after trouble with my poo ram ive orderded 2x pairs of this stuff

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....rodid=MY-004-GL

i found this ram on my boards recomended ram for overclocking page

http://eu.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_me...PRODUCT_ID=3669

basically what im asking is has anybody tried 4x sticks to see if it actually does work @ 1 t i know it probably will as its the exzact stuff recomended by dfi i just wanted to make sure , and if someone has got that stuff how well does it clock etc

I just did T1 with my setup in sig but had to drop the mem clock to 180

I just did T1 with my setup in sig but had to drop the mem clock to 180

Yea. Odds are 4 sticks, and at 1T no less, will lower the potential OC.

You'll fast discover the limit(s) of your memory controller using 4 sticks.

it does state in manual and on some websites that it has to be 4x matching single sided ram sticks not double sided as doubles will revert back to 333mhz wierd ram issues with dfi boards i may sell my old pc and buy the 2x 512 pair they use same chips n everything could have 1.5 gb or just 1 gb if that dont work this is just a hopping stonne to relase old set up to raise cash as im on a serious budget with a pregnant mrs

thanx for help guys ill let ya know how things are going

and happy new yr all

Yea. Odds are 4 sticks, and at 1T no less, will lower the potential OC.

You'll fast discover the limit(s) of your memory controller using 4 sticks.

Yeah T1 is not worth the hassle with 4 sticks. i had 142fps memclk 180 T1 in TMN, At T2 i had 138 only 4fps loss but at T2 memclk 200 i got 142fps

Nothing was overclocked but at least with T2 4 sticks i can clock like hell.

nice final8ty the main reason ive got 4x256 is money , im broke as hell and they only cost me £45 inc delivery each pair and boy do they clock for value ram....

been testing them today and @ 200 mhz 1T 2.5 3 3 5 works well . the ram max i found was 240mhz but possibly more with tweeking the timmings as they did boot @250 but wasnt stable . be nice to get that with 4 even at 2T i dont mind

remember all i im a noob only be on pc's for just over a year this is my second rig

nice final8ty the main reason ive got 4x256 is money , im broke as hell and they only cost me £45 inc delivery each pair and boy do they clock for value ram....

been testing them today and @ 200 mhz 1T 2.5 3 3 5 works well . the ram max i found was 240mhz but possibly more with tweeking the timmings as they did boot @250 but wasnt stable . be nice to get that with 4 even at 2T i dont mind

remember all i im a noob only be on pc's for just over a year this is my second rig

Nice :) clocks! you may need to goto 3 3 3 6 to get more out of them

I'm more noob than you this is my first PC & had it since Feb :D