FarCry

red930

Ive done realistic and its insanity for sure. I just broke out the game again, after almost a year of not playing, for my nephew.

For you guyz having the problem on the first ship. Climb up the ladder and as soon as you get out crouch down and start moving forward as you are shooting the guy down in the copter. By the time you get him, you will be close to the edge and alive hehe. Just keep going over the edge into the water. There is a rope ladder to climb back up onto the side of the ship. Then you again make your way to the opening for the deck, climb up the ladder and take care of the rest of the playahs on the top.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to go up on the flight deck at all.

As long as you go as far as the third deck and shoot the guy talking to Kreger.

Then after Kreger does his speech you can backtrack and just before you go back out on deck turn left and crawl on your belly through a hole in the deck and drop down to the second deck where you had the shootout earlier.

Now run back out the same way you did the first time and head down the stairs towards the 50 cal. machine gun on the aft deck.

Use it to shoot down the helicopter.

Then head back forward and jump over the port (left) side.

Swim towards the bow and stand up on the sand patch and shoot the chains that hold the inflatable raft up on the flight deck.

If you set the M4 for single shot you can do it with 2 shots.

Swim to the inflatable, start the engine and make a left turn and you'll go to the next level.

Yes I play it a lot.

Especially now that I'm using my Samsung 32" LCD TV as a monitor.

Its really great at 1360x768 widescreen from 5 or 6' away.

I've been using a Logitech diNovo wireless keyboard and mouse.

Actually the diNovo has a separate keypad that I've programed for most of the functions instead of using the full keyboard..

I ordered a Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse today from ZZF for $70 including shipping.

I'll report back when it arrives.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

I played about 1/2 way through the game. It was hard for me on normal setting, or maybe it was even on easy. Anyway, I'm not the best gamer, but what i didn't like about farcry was no quick-save, quick-load feature, and the checkpoints were way to far apart. If you get killed near the end of a level, you have to play through the whole level again.

Somone posted a quicksave=load mod, but it messed with the game to much. The more you use it the worse it screws up the game. So now i won't even buy a game if it dosn't have quick-save-load feature.

• 3 months later...

I've played through it once on normal, once on Realistic with god mode and mostly using just the machete, and I tried Realistic without cheats. I swear, the stupid AI cheats in Realistic, not to mention it takes a crapload of bullets to take someone down, even with headshots/single shot with the M4. I got to the cave with the seawater plant, on the level before Treehouse (Research?) and stopped. I might try it again if I still have the saves laying around.

I just started another run through on Wednesday on Challenging difficulty (I think that's the one above normal...) and it is noticeably more challenging but still a blast to play. So far I've made it to about the end of Treehouse.

Guest LookBackX2

I bought this game last week. Got it installed and tried playing it but I can't look around with my mouse. Can't even turn my character. I've looked for a setting to fix it, but found nada.

anyone know what would cause this? My mouse works in the menus, just not in-game.

I bought this game last week. Got it installed and tried playing it but I can't look around with my mouse. Can't even turn my character. I've looked for a setting to fix it, but found nada.

anyone know what would cause this? My mouse works in the menus, just not in-game.

I had the same thing happen on my friend's computer last week. It's never happened on mine though. I wonder if it's some weird glitch with the 1.4 patch since I've mostly played it with 1.33.

I think his PC has a PS/2 mouse, it's a ball mouse at the least :P. But yeah, after fiddling with it for a while, I tried the reset layout function and it started working fine. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 1.4 thing, as the game is fairly buggy overall (but still rocks!).