• Craftsman
    • Makita
    • Ryobi
    • Other

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the tool, just because a company makes good RAM doesn't necessarily mean their PSUs are good ;)
coughmushkincough?

I like DeWalts. Even though my dad has a lot of tools, they seem to last the longest (though admittedly, he has some Milwaukee's and Bosch's that have lasted forever)

No Fesstool? :tooth:

Ryobi is . though. They work great for a few months. Then the batteries stop holding a charge or something wears out and it loses power.

The list contains popular brands available in stores such as Lowe's, Sears, Home Depot, etc.

Good thing to know about Ryobi:eek:

I'm sure glad I stuck with Bosch:cool:

Edit: I had never even heard of Festool & Fein until Brother Esau brought them up.

I like to use Porter Cable for my electric tools...

I have these in Porter Cable

Palm Sanders

Cordless drill (1/2)

Tiger saw (awesome tool)

Circular saw

I like them because they are made in the USA...

For Air Tools I like...

Ingersol Rand (impact wrenches and DA's)

Suex (air wrenches)

Senco (for ALL my air nailers/ they fix/maintainance them for free here)

Paslode (I have 1 extra roofing nailer)

I like the looks of the Hitachi and Bosch tools...

I am not a big fan of DeWalt...they used to be a part of Black&Decker I dont know if they still are or not but it seems like everyone has DeWalt tools...I like to be different....

I have used Milwaukee and I like Porter Cable better...

I do Like Ryobi tools but some of them could be a little better built... they need a contractor line for heavier duty tools...

I need a new compound chopsaw and a new table saw..so I will be looking for something soon...;)

I like the looks of the Hitachi and Bosch tools...

I am not a big fan of DeWalt...they used to be a part of Black&Decker I dont know if they still are or not but it seems like everyone has DeWalt tools...I like to be different....

I have used Milwaukee and I like Porter Cable better...

I do Like Ryobi tools but some of them could be a little better built... they need a contractor line for heavier duty tools...

I need a new compound chopsaw and a new table saw..so I will be looking for something soon...;)

IMO Bosch is one of the best brands out there (I'd say even better than DeWalt) Most other brands look (and feel) cheap.

Bosch makes very nice Compound miter and table saws; including a 24V 10" Compound miter saw.

• 4 weeks later...

screw gun/trim saw.. Panasonic..But it all depends on what tool.. I own a little of all

Recip saw.. Porter cable (tiger saw)

Tile saw.. Porter cable

Chop saw.. dewalt (can't beat how well built they are with strong motors)

worm drive.. Makita

jigsaw... Bosch

Framing Gun/ air tank Stanley Bostitch ( though their compressor.. not too good.. I think you have to replace valve off the bat)

Gassed Framing guns .. Paslode

Finish nailer cordless senco ( poor quality) and Dewalt.. (better)

Most of my hand tools are made by "MasterCraft" which is the generic brand sold by Canadian Tire. I have nicer rotary tools, Black & Decker VSR and Dremel, and a fantastic Campbell Hausfeld 1/2" Twin Hammer Impact. :)

Ryobi is . though. They work great for a few months. Then the batteries stop holding a charge or something wears out and it loses power.

I have to disagree. I own a shitload of Ryobi tools, after 2 years my charger went to hell for my 18v batt's, but they were replace dunder warrentee. I onw 1 1/2" drill, recip saw, 4.5" circular saw, a flashlight that cam with the drill (all 18v cordless). a 12" chop saw, and a few others. Dont get me wrong they arent what id call "profesional quality" but IMO they are worth the price for any average person, who afterall spend more money than contractors.

As far as profesional working power tools I have a Milwaukee sawzall, a couple dewalt cordless drills, a dewallt corded drill, a Skil brand skil saw, a black and decker skill saw, a Husquavarna chain saw, a homelite chain saw, a porter cable pancake compressor, a husky 25gallon oilless compressor, some porter cable finish guns and brad nailers, and a bosch framing gun and a bosh roofing gun. Never liked paslode my self, but to each his own.

Thanks Tmod for mentioning the Husky 365

For me the power tools are chainsaws,still a power tool ain't it?

I always go w/Stihl 1st(can't beat that German engineering)

I have used Husqvarna, but only have 1 left, a 395xp it is a Monster,don't get me wrong I like Huskys(almost as much as Stihl), it's just parts are harder to get for me.

Jonsered are supposed to be good as well,I've only run them a couple times, they seem very similar to Husky.

I did have an old Homelite when I 1st started climbing,dropped that thing 3 or 4 times,never did kill it,lol.