• Black & Decker
    • Skill
    • Hitatchi
    • Porter Cable
    • Craftsman
    • Makita
    • Ryobi
    • Other

I always go w/Stihl 1st(can't beat that German engineering)

I also prefer the German products. Brand just depends on what I'm getting.

We have a Mercedes Benz C220 and an AUDI A4 in our garage ATM; I don't have my own car yet, but my dream is the Carrera GT in my Sig.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tmod for mentioning the Husky 365

For me the power tools are chainsaws,still a power tool ain't it?

I always go w/Stihl 1st(can't beat that German engineering)

I have used Husqvarna, but only have 1 left, a 395xp it is a Monster,don't get me wrong I like Huskys(almost as much as Stihl), it's just parts are harder to get for me.

Jonsered are supposed to be good as well,I've only run them a couple times, they seem very similar to Husky.

I did have an old Homelite when I 1st started climbing,dropped that thing 3 or 4 times,never did kill it,lol.

Husky is used more on the West coast and Stihl more on the Eastern side of the U.S.

Husky was alot easier to find and get parts for out here then Stihl was.

But they are both excellent tools.

Tmod

Guest LookBackX2

Stihl for saws, Husky for hand-held yard equipment here in AL. The Stihl saws generally seem to hold up for years. My 011 climber just died from a bad ignition, costs more to fix thatn buy a new one. That saw was 19 years old, and used obsessively for the past 11 years of it's life. New 275? replaced it.

Husky is what I prefer for weedeaters, edgers, pruners and the such. They are much lighter than Stihls FS-75 and 85 series, and run much quieter.

These are power tools for me, sorry if you consider this a hijack.

Inside power tools...I buy Bosch, Makita, and Dewalt. Whoever has the best price, or whatever is at the pawn shop. Great deals are to be had at pawnshops with professional grade powertools. Crackheads love to steal em for cash.

• 4 weeks later...

Superior!!!

And NO, its not cause i work for them.....wait...yea it is :P . Cant beat the employee warranty / discounts, lol.

But seriously, im not so much a power tools guy. Just got a 19.2v drill, a little 4.8v cordless screwdriver kit, and a few misc stuff that caught my eye around the warehouse.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to go with Bosch, Milwaukee, DeWalt, and Porter Cable. Milwaukee has two grades, so you need to get their better stuff. Black & Decker, Skil & Craftsman are for weekend DIYers and can't stand up to everyday work. On one job I burned out a Skil and a Crapsman drill in one day, I finished the week with an old Milwaukee hole shooter. I was drilling and tapping 1/4-20 holes in aluminum. As someone else said, it depends on which tool you're talking about. I have a Porter Cable Tiger saw, a DeWalt XRP cordless drill and a Milwaukee corded hammer drill. When it comes to air tools like impact wrenches, I like Chicago Pneumatic (not to be confused with Chicago Power Tools).

One thing that makes me mad is that Craftsman screwdrivers are no longer drop forged, they stamp them out and then case harden them. The problem is they're brittle and break easy. I'll sharpen an old one before I'll trade it in for a new one. You can tell the cheap ones because they have small ridges. I no longer buy any Craftsman tools of any kind.