Sign in to follow this  
Chinooks_FURY

LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D and a 8800GTX . . .

Are these 2 components compatible??? Got a FX-57 as a stocking stuffer and was looking to team it with a single 8800GTX and 2GB Ballistix.

Thanks in advance.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Damn.... all I got was candy and a couple of magazines.

I didn't even get the magazines. I had to spend all my money on my son's rig that blew up (not DFI). Boo Hoo!:dog:

I didn't even get the magazines. I had to spend all my money on my son's rig that blew up (not DFI). Boo Hoo!:dog:

Hey Faheyd,

How do you like that RAM? :eek2: Any heat issues with it at 2.6V? I'm making the move back to Ballistix for this secondary rig. It's simply going to serve as a gaming server and second home PC for some LAN fun. Nice puter ya got there ...

Ciao!

Hey Faheyd,

How do you like that RAM? :eek2: Any heat issues with it at 2.6V? I'm making the move back to Ballistix for this secondary rig. It's simply going to serve as a gaming server and second home PC for some LAN fun. Nice puter ya got there ...

Ciao!

Chinooks_FURY, Sorry, I didn't subscribe to this thread and didn't see your question till today. The memory works fine, they are hot, I put a 50mm fan on them, along with a 50mm fan on my PWMIC as when I went to watercooling, the PWMIC got very hot, so I bought two 50mm fans (along with 4 quiet 120mm case fans for the watercooler and case, and did the two tie-strap twisty thingy to hang the fans on the memory sticks. The memory seems to be running fine, but I've not been able to get them above 281MHz or lower the memory timings from what they are set at right now.

Hope this helps,

Dylan

:cool: :shake: :cool:

Better late than never! :D Thanks for the post. I went ahead and teamed that FX-57 with 2GB Ballistix and an eVGA 8800GTX ACS on this Ultra-D mobo and I mean to tell ya - - - it smokes this AM2 system of mine in FEAR and UT2004!!! We're talkin' an FX-62! I don't get it . . .

BUT I'm not complainin' either!!!:cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

You tried tossin the 8800 in the am2 system?

To much hassleb but I know what you mean. Trying to sell this AM2 rig to a friend and then take a shot at building a C2Duo rig for this 8800GTX. I'm not a real good OC'er so I have been hoping DFI comes out with a nice STABLE mobo for C2D folks. The Ultra-D is a real marvel though - the best 939 mobo ever.

Plug-N-Play Perfection!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Sign in to follow this