My First Foray into nF4 OC'in!

charlie22911

ah, okay! my stepping is a CCBBE 0616 XPMW, i understand that this is a good stepping (all CCBBE 06xx if i'm not mistaken). i cant seem to get to 3GHz, 333 works fine but as soon as i hit 334 it crashes out. i think its my ram, i already have it at 270 (166 divider, hear lower ones dont work well) @ 2.5-4-8-3-11-13-3-3-2-2-3120 cpc 2, 3v (with fan). i pass small fft's at cpc 1 but fail the blend test, so I'm at cpc 2. seems like I'm completely relearning what i thought i knew :D.

Max Async, Read Preamble and Tref play a major part of overclocking the CPU. The lower half of the timings will play a role in getting the memory controller to play nice.

Once you get the max for your RAM that part is set and you won't have to worry about it. Next step in getting the great OC is getting the CPU to memory controller relationship smoothed out. (This is where the lower half and other timings I mentioned cone in)

@CPDMF, so basically i am going to have to tweak a lot harder :D. its just a matter of me jumping in and learning each setting i guess, because i still cant get 3GHz into windows. heck, unless i have 3v to my TCCD i cant get stable at what it is now. oh well, im just going to read and experment before i start clocking again... had to do the same on my nF2 rig :).

well, this morning i woke up to find every last part i need to build a but kicking machine under the tree (specs in siggy), an hour & a bit later it was built and running window$. i immediately began OC'in this thing, which with the exception of all the weird memory mumbo jumbo, was a cake walk compaired to my nF2!

well, my opty 165 has been running at 300x9 1.45v now all day, no problems after i copied memory timings off of a similar setup in the OCDB (tweaking later). im using the stock cooling for now, which never goes much over 45°C even at full bore. here is a screenie of what im at, benches, rig pics, and an OCDB entry are next.

here is a cpuz screenie teaser for now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/charlie22911/nF41.jpg

i must say, these boards are rock solid, im so proud of this setup, and this great information rich forum is the reason its up! thanks to Happy_Games & forum members for this forum & contributions!

more to come :D

Charlie22911

AWESOME! congrats on the new system Charlie... you'll like this much better than the old 400 AL :rolleyes: