Sign in to follow this  
synergy

[RESOLVED]VIDEO WATER BLOCK WAS PROBLEM>> Video Corruption

Hello,

I recently was able to get my DFI Ultra-D working outside of the case, but now that I just moved it back in, the video is heavily corrupted, with many @ signs, and what look like japanese symbols.

I've never experienced a problem like this, especially because outside of the case there was no corruption at all.

Please post back with any advice for what I could do to get rid of the corruption(you can't do anything, because it only refreshes parts of the screen).

ps, my video card is in the sig.

Update: AFter a quick full CMOS clear, the glitches were gone for about 15 seconds, then when the screen refreshed, they came back.

Any help would be appreciated.

notroosmacfan

-notroosmacfan

You should really post this in the video card section, but you need to give some specs on what video card your using. Your sig doesn't help with that. You also have an extememly overclock cpu have you tried backing off the overclock? Need more information. The video card has a volt mod? Is it possible the when the card comes in contact with the case your getting some discharge of some kind?

I'm sorry, but the video card is no longer overclocked(just got back from an RMA), and the CPU no longer has an overclock(just got this board to boot), so I don't know what the problem could be.

Because of the strange characters, I don't think that this is a video card problem. For example, all the i's in the bios are replaced with the same japanese-like character. This makes me believe it to be a motherboard problem.

I'm currently trying a full CMOS clear to try and work this out, and I'll post back when that's finished.

Hello,

I recently was able to get my DFI Ultra-D working outside of the case, but now that I just moved it back in, the video is heavily corrupted, with many @ signs, and what look like japanese symbols.

This makes me believe it to be a motherboard problem.

From the above, while anything is possible, it' seems unlikely that the motherboard should be blamed. I'd be looking at the way it is secured in the case. Also try powering it up while still in the case with the psu removed from the case.

Ok, I just finished a longer(30 min.) proper CMOS clear, but the video is still corrupted. Now I'll try it with the stock cooling on, to see if it will then work.

if u oc, it should be ur own problem. u overclock with the motherboard, and then u mess it up, and then get a free rma from dfi. shouldnt be their problem for ur messup

sry, i had been holding that in for a long time :P

just check on the software side, check for viruses, ad-ware, clean the registry

DarkOrb,

thanks for the speedy reply, but this isn't in windows(i don't even have a HD hooked up yet), this was once it booted.

Anyway, I just took off my video card waterblock, put on the stock cooler, and now there's no more artefacting. The problem could have been that the block was put on at an angle, so it wasn't cooling the full core.

That doesn't matter now, as there's no more artefacting.

-notroosmacfan