PCI Express 2.0

Magel

Anybody been reading up on Pci E 2.0? Dont know much about it myself. Suppost to be comming out in 2007...as will DDR 3. Prehaps the next gen video cards and boards will support this...

Was thinking about upgrading to AMD 4x4, but as Amd Quad cores are suppost to be comming out in 2007 and all that other stuff, thinking that would probably be a waste of time....:rolleyes:

Whats everyone else think :confused:

4x4 looks nice and the CPUs are surprisingly cheap actually, 520 Canadian for an FX-72 (which is dual 2.8GHz/1MB) is not a bad deal at all. Except you have to buy two, but still, 1040 for quad 2.8GHz/1MB? Of course the only motherboard out for them right now is some ASUS board, and since I have horrible luck with ASUS boards I'm going to wait for DFI.

I don't know if I would wait for the new PCI-E, I don't know anything about it, but when the first one came out people hung onto AGP for a long time (in fact many still are), so I'm sure there'll be good PCI-E 1.0 cards out for a couple years yet.

I'm sure it will be faster than PCI-E 1.0 but I really doubt we will need it anytime soon. I'm not sure how many apps even fully utilize the buses of todays system boards. The hardware updates at lightning speeds while software follows slowly behind. But I'm sure people will update when it becomes a standard becuase we will feel like our systems are outdated. Not too sure about the 4x4, it seems like a weak attempt to make something better. Lets just use two instead of one. I think it will be better to wait for AMD to make a real single socket quad....maybe then, they can be king of the hill again.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

well u got the 8800 gtx's out by many manufacturers, no dx10 games yet, only dx10 game soon is crysis (dx9 xp, vista, dx 10 vista) which has no release date yet

4x4 looks nice and the CPUs are surprisingly cheap actually, 520 Canadian for an FX-72 (which is dual 2.8GHz/1MB) is not a bad deal at all. Except you have to buy two, but still, 1040 for quad 2.8GHz/1MB? Of course the only motherboard out for them right now is some ASUS board, and since I have horrible luck with ASUS boards I'm going to wait for DFI.

I don't know if I would wait for the new PCI-E, I don't know anything about it, but when the first one came out people hung onto AGP for a long time (in fact many still are), so I'm sure there'll be good PCI-E 1.0 cards out for a couple years yet.

I really thought that both processors for Quad FX were sold in the same box so that the price was for both processors.

Edit: Yeah. I think that the price is for both processors. TG Daily: Second Paragraph