The "What did you get for christmas" christmas post

sparkyftw

lol...

Wife cooked a badass Ham and mashed tater with my all time favorite pepper gravy...little corn and mac&cheese for the tikes...

It was sooo good I almost take back all that crap I've been saying abouter'....;)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Musta been good this year.....

Santa brought me a 1950 pro, an OCZ 600W GameXstream to power it, NWN 2 & Oblivion to push it a bit, and wouldn't you know it.... he even managed to pull one of those OCZ XTC memory coolers out of his A$$ in time to put it in my stocking.

Yeppers.... must have been really good!!! :)

I got a Zune

OMG my mom suprised me with a Zune and I really love it. The interface is so much nicer than the ipod. Only problem is I have to charge it for 3 hours initially. I also got a bluetooth headset, 2GB SD and Memory Stick Pro Duo cards. Hello emulators on the PSP and 1300 photos on the digi. (sd is for wii)

What color is your Zune?

My stuff came in early. Infinity 975 (which died before Christmas) C2D 6600, 2x1GB Ballistix, 8800GTS, Nautilus and just got another 8800GTS, both by XFX, also a pair of Nokia 8801 for my wife and myself. Ordered a replacement of Infinity too, hopefully will be here by midweek.

Three cards, two of them with a handwritten signature on the bottom.

I went on a school trip once, wrote a letter home to my mom, forgot to sign it. Woops... :rolleyes:

a climbing trainers board :/

I used to climb, then I gained weight. Then I ran out of funds for more/better gear.

It's not here yet but I get... rain.

I love the rain! :nod:

Rain here, Cleveland, Ohio. Usually we have a foot of snow by now.

But, I think the best Christmas present was one that I did not receive, but gave away. I had a bunch of spare parts lying around (cases, 60 & 80GB hard drives, various RAM and such) which I used to build two systems for people. Picked-up a couple of used monitors, keyboards and mice for cheap. Loaded a bunch of spare educational games I had laying around on them. Gave both of the systems to two families who weren't having a very good Christmas this year. Just seeing the kids eyes light-up and them running the programs and learning...that is what made my Christmas.

That is what Christmas is about. Awesome. Pat yourself on the back... that really made the kids day. Now you wife/fiancee/girlfriend wont be on you back so much about computer parts being all over like my mom is... lets you buy more new stuff! ;)

i got to spend Christmas with my girl, and I loved it ;)

Spent the first half with my girl and her family, then came home. It was great, loved every minute.

As for what I got...

- Some Dockers (way too expensive, returning and getting 2 pairs for same price... microsuede golf pants... :cool: :drool:)

- Dozen Bridgestone e6 golf balls

- $80 in giftcards to American Eagle

- Boxers/socks/undershirts

- New Columbia jacket and liner... been eyeing that for a month.. the "Night Shadow" color

- 2 University of Akron t-shirts

- $25 Subway gift card (on-campus Subway at Akron... spend wayy too much money there... :rolleyes:)

- $75 cash

- Oakley Half Jacket sunglasses... black/black and a hardcase for them... probably my favorite gift yet

From my girlfriend...

- 2 shirts from Hollister

- Cologne... Kirra something... cheap but smells good and it drives her wild... ;)

... and to top it off, a kiss. :)

Oh, I almost forgot... way too mush debt on my credit card... :rolleyes: Oh well... it was worth it for the reaction on my family's faces when they opened their gifts.

Y'know, I came in here thinking I did well in terms of a Christmas haul, but then I saw people getting hundreds of dollars in computer gear and thought to myself that damn, Im not that fortunate... I sat back and thought that I would have foregone the computer gear just to spend the time with my girlfriend and believe it not, her family. As goofy and weird as they are, they make me laugh... and just the time I got to spend with some of my family I havent seen since I left for college was great. Seeing that AceGoober built 2 computers for less fortunate families really got me thinking that Christmas isnt about getting gifts, but about giving and family.

Happy Holidays everyone. :)

OMG my mom suprised me with a Zune and I really love it. The interface is so much nicer than the ipod. Only problem is I have to charge it for 3 hours initially. I also got a bluetooth headset, 2GB SD and Memory Stick Pro Duo cards. Hello emulators on the PSP and 1300 photos on the digi. (sd is for wii)

What color is your Zune?

I got the black one!