The "What did you get for christmas" christmas post

sparkyftw

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a Samsung 205BW, Mortal Kombat Armageddon for PS2 and the coolest of all was from my Nephews, a glass mouse pad with my business logo laser-etched into the bottom-side..

Dude you rock....

I got some cheese and crackers from my Aunt...and her hubby...still gonna stay home...make a little ham and potatos and grub up....mmmmm...

kids got up around noon to Grandpa bringin em' more gifts... my house was trashed with wrapping paper real quick....;)

I didn't get anything from relatives but that doesn't matter. Bought meself some new clothes, FX-55, WD Raptor 1500, BFG 8800GTX (can't use it because my OCZ Powerstream 600 watt has difficulty running it, don't have the PCP&C 1KW anymore :( ).

But, I think the best Christmas present was one that I did not receive, but gave away. I had a bunch of spare parts lying around (cases, 60 & 80GB hard drives, various RAM and such) which I used to build two systems for people. Picked-up a couple of used monitors, keyboards and mice for cheap. Loaded a bunch of spare educational games I had laying around on them. Gave both of the systems to two families who weren't having a very good Christmas this year. Just seeing the kids eyes light-up and them running the programs and learning...that is what made my Christmas.

We celebrate Festivus here.

A lump of coal and a bag of broken glass! Things are tough in Badassistan.

We're almost done with our Festivus celebrations. The Airing of Grievances is my favorite part. It lets me tell each family member exactly how they disappointed me during the year.

I put up the Festivus Pole early this year since it's such an nice complement to the other home furnishings.

http://www.festivuspoles.com/pages/Festivuspoles.htm

My favorite part of Festivus is yet to come. We start the Feats of Strength right as sundown. There's nothing more satisfying that getting your Brother in a full nelson and not letting go until he soils himself.

Hi

I was lucky enough to receive cash, clothes, a painting and the normal aftershave. However, the best thing was without doubt my fiancée telling me how much she loved me.

Nothing in the world has made my Christmas as much, that will be my lasting memory of this Christmas without a doubt.