So Ya Think You Want to Go to Vista Huh???

ViperJohn

I understand i read the whole thing....

I just dont care....

Thing is...most if not all of the whiners bashing MS have what installed on their rig...? thats right a MS OS....

If you are dumb enough to buy it...deal with it.... most of the crap in the story was the same kind of crap that was wrote about Xp before its initial release... big deal....

the arguement is kinda like buying a new Chevy and then bitching and threatening law suits because you dont have a option to use a Ford or Dodge engine or transmission or even their interior because you like the others better but....you bought the Chevy.....stupid arguement....

If you dont like it...use the alternatives....OR better yet sit down and write your own OS's and sell them to us once there as good or better then you can be the next Bill Gates...

You ARE ONLY and elite group of people... with demanding needs that may not be met by what you expect from things...so what....

MS gives the general population the easiest solution for the everyday people...it's not geared towards us.....

You dont want your Identity stolen...dont put it on the puter...it dont matter what OS is on there someone wil hack all OS's eventually and it wont be safe anyhow...

People bash the big timmers because they have nothing better to do but whine....

Hell Mike Dell is up there too...a kid build Pc's in his dorm room and becomes a multi-millionaire for listening to people and giving them good support....I supose Sam Walton is bad too....

They only get bashed because they were smart enough to make it big.... others arent...it's life....

The only difference between us and them is application of know how... most of us just got screwed in the dribble....

I dont like everything MS puts out but I am not going to bash and go stupid and spread rumors and rant.... I use there products... I paid for them... to classy lady and complain about it is just ignorant.....period...

If you dont like it... dont buy it...period...

thing is... half of you in this thread will use the product....if you dont buy it you will think you're getting one over on MS buy downloading it free somehow and doing a workaround....and you will have the balls to laugh.... thats stupid...

Yea I read about the security flaws and the premium stuff.... big deal... most of that wont apply to the general population...

I'd say 95% of the people will buy a new pc with the new OS and just be happy as can be.... no issue at all... the ones that have issues are the one who dont know how to responsible handle a pc and probably shouldnt have one....!

Like I say...there will always be complainers.... but look at it this way... the world dont revolve around you or me... and it doesnt cater to us...you accept what you pay for and use it the way it was intended......bah...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unexpectedly or not, but I agree with many of your thoughts dr_bowtie, even though I admit to "whine" at times, however for other reasons than what you refer to.

MS products aren't bad, and in some cases pretty good. I use them and I won't complain about it. You correctly stated that there's a difference between users: most will never be in the position of wanting to do what they can't in for example Windows XP.

CPDMF estimated that for him 20 % of what he does can only be done using MS products. I think that was a fair estimation; it varies of course from user to user and some part of it is also related to what you've come to appreciate and get used to.

The only thing I hope for is that MS won't block fair competition. Since I've out of interest been following legal cases and moves done by MS, I'm convinced that MS does misuse their power.

Actually I'll admit that MS in some way isn't to blame for this, because they do what all other business-like organisation would do: try to get as much profit as possible and being ahead of their competitors. The real problem is that MS because of its success whether you like their methods or not has come to enjoy a unique position of being above the laws for a free market.

What has Vista to do with this? I simply hope that the features of Vista which won't be appreciated by power-users could boost the development of alternatives. So even if we just talk about power-users, not the masses, it could still lead to something positive for common folks. That's all what I want.

Will I finally use Vista? I can't say. For my working-place it's a total waste of time and resources; personally I'm not a gamer so DX10 isn't that tempting at the moment. I hope though to see a broader spectra of choices in the future.

While I might not necessarily need Vista, I do love to make my machine look good. For the money I spent on this rig so far, the damn thing better have a good looking OS on it.

Security wise; SP2 and Vista are (finally) steps in the right direction. It's about time MS reversed their security model, most other OS had the right idea long before MS. But I also understand that MS tries to be all to everyone, and has to in order to continue reaping huge profits.

So now they just have to find a balance; be more secure and more annoying to the average user, or be less secure and improve the "Fahrvergnügen"? UAP never bothered me since I always had pop-ups for granting permissions from TeaTimer anyway. I can also see where Joe User would get really annoyed though.

I do need Windows (not necessarily Vista), for my daily use. Try finding and running a Linux distrobution that can do all the different types of encoding I do. First it's a pain to setup (edit fstab, etc :rolleyes:), second I have to find software that'll do what I want it to do and third, but not least, the occasional gaming I do definitely requires Windows.

pretty much said it right there Reel....

I see it like this.... there are people out there that sit behind a puter and try to hack and get every bit of info they can on John/jane Doe's to get your personal information.... they do this as you know by finding exploits in OS's...none of them are perfect...never will be... but for MS to step up and try to make things safer for the general population against these hackers these are the sacrifices you must make....

It's not really that big of deal...dont balme MS...blame the lazy people who are hacking and trying to rip off everything they can...It's sad people do this and they make things ruff for us....

Is MS trying to corner the market...sure...it's all about money.... the more they have means the more they got from you...!

Everyone in business does it....You start a business trying to give the general population something nobody else does and something they could use/need....when you do this you make it big...till you get to the point you get so big people complain you're the only one that can do what you do and there's no competition... so they make you give up the secret then all of a sudden lots of little busness's pop up with the same kind of thing...

This has good and bad effect... but it's business...

It's just like me in the construction business...around here I AM the best at what I do...and I come with a premium...I make good money....then you have others that do what I do but not even close to the quality to what I give and want the same money I make.... is that fair...Hell no...it's cheating to the people they are working for...plain and simple... customers pay for the best they expect it...

Same thing goes in all aspects of life...

soon I will be loading RTM and trying it out...I personally like Vista...I like the eye candy...But I also like XP with the transformation pack...and now they have the proggy to add side bar to XP...so you can make XP look almost exactly like vista and almost function like it...;)

EDIT:....Here is a lifes lesson...pay attention....just because someone told you something or you heard it somewhere or you read it on the net or a magazine DOES NOT mean it's the Holy Grail..... or the Gospel...if you beleive everything you hear and read then all you are is inside the box thinkers.... sometimes you have to think "Outside" the box...sometimes thing arent at all as they seem.... far from it...

learn to live a little and step out of the box from time to time...;)

i dont think you understand, microsoft is trying to controll the whole market making us all suffer over this stupid encryption. They are also trying to make the os more limited, by not allowing certain drivers open source programs etc. Do you not want options, and have MS control what you have on the oS? want them to control what hardware you can use? what programs, drivers etc you cant and can use?

i hope not, but thats what they are trying to do, only reason why most of us would switch to vista is because nothing else offers suport for new games and features, ONLY FOR MICROSOFt, becase they tried to do this so they can be all monopolistic and rich.

1st off MS is already rich as fook and all because they did something nobody else did, or did as well, I find it sad as fook all this talk about something or nothing, if you dont like it don't buy it, its as simple as that, even those who fooking steal it have the fooking cheek to moan about MS this and that, lets all moan cos FORD BMW ETC have made a new car cos they know someone will buy it and then they will be rich from etc, this is the way of the world im afraid like it or lump it, all the people here that are moaning about HDCP? Well if everybody paid for there stuff instead of downloading it free and most cases illegal then there would not be a need for anything to be protected, Hell I know I have locks on my doors @ my home to stop scum from stealing the things I have worked hard for ffs, If I like Vista I will buy it, if I don’t then I wont its that simple, I would like to thank Microsoft for making my PC experience a pleasant one, and parting with £50 to £100 every 4 to 5 years or whatever hardly breaks the bank does it, and if Microsoft get filthy rich from it then I take my hat of to them cos I wish I had thought of it 1st or something else that could make me rich as fook! But that life get over it!

Couldn't have said it better.

Nope nor me, Nice one dr_bowtie well said and I total agree with ya bro! :D

Don't worry I won't forget, it said 6-8 weeks for delivery, I wonder that is 6-8 weeks after official release or if it'll be ready to ship that day. I'll write a mini review detailing the upgrade, just for you, bud. ;)

Guest DaddyD302
i dont think you understand, microsoft is trying to controll the whole market making us all suffer over this stupid encryption. They are also trying to make the os more limited, by not allowing certain drivers open source programs etc. Do you not want options, and have MS control what you have on the oS? want them to control what hardware you can use? what programs, drivers etc you cant and can use?

i hope not, but thats what they are trying to do, only reason why most of us would switch to vista is because nothing else offers suport for new games and features, ONLY FOR MICROSOFt, becase they tried to do this so they can be all monopolistic and rich.

Well until Apple grows some balls, and stop being stupid, Microsoft is the only true player in this. Linux is not even a player until they make the OS as easy to install and use as M$, and get more support. They[Apple] could've ended all this by making their OS available for PC users, and just not MACs but they're apparently aren't too bright on this subject. MACINTEL, doesn't count.

Hate to bust this to you, but you are pretty much describing Apple's OS, not M$. Apple is the big control freaks, who tells you what you can and cannot put into your MAC. You have way more options on the PC then you do on the MAC.

Apple would make so much more money by ditching their MACs and making their OS available for everyone not just MAC users. Like I said earlier, Apple ain't too bright on this part. You want to blame someone, blame Apple. They are just as guilty on this, as Microsoft. I'll upgrade to Vista when I feel it's stable enough, or when Newegg has it for cheap.

Guest DaddyD302

Well until Apple grows some balls, and stop being stupid, Microsoft is the only true player in this. Linux is not even a player until they make the OS as easy to install and use as M$, and get more support. They[Apple] could've ended all this by making their OS available for PC users, and just not MACs but they're apparently aren't too bright on this subject. MACINTEL, doesn't count.

Hate to bust this to you, but you are pretty much describing Apple's OS, not M$. Apple is the big control freaks, who tells you what you can and cannot put into your MAC. You have way more options on the PC then you do on the MAC.

Apple would make so much more money by ditching their MACs and making their OS available for everyone not just MAC users. Like I said earlier, Apple ain't too bright on this part. You want to blame someone, blame Apple. They are just as guilty on this, as Microsoft. I'll upgrade to Vista when I feel it's stable enough, or when Newegg has it for cheap. As for HDCP, blame Intel not Microsoft, Intel invented it.

HDCP

High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection. Created by Intel, HDCP is used with HDTV signals over DVI and HDMI connections and on D-Theater D-VHS recordings to prevent unauthorized duplication of copy written material.

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/support/terminology.jsp

High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a form of Digital Rights Management (DRM) developed by Intel Corporation to control digital audio and video content as it travels across Digital Visual Interface (DVI) or High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) connections. The HDCP specification is proprietary and an implementation of HDCP requires a license.

HDCP is licensed by Digital Content Protection, LLC, a subsidiary of Intel. In addition to paying fees, licensees agree to limit the capabilities of their products. For example, High-definition digital video content must be restricted to DVD quality on non-HDCP compliant video outputs when requested by the source. DVD-Audio content is restricted to DAT quality on non-HDCP digital audio outputs (analog audio outputs have no quality limits). Licensees cannot allow their devices to make copies of content, and must design their products to "effectively frustrate attempts to defeat the content protection requirements."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Bandwidt...tent_Protection