So Ya Think You Want to Go to Vista Huh???

ViperJohn

You guys are right, they should know better. It all about sales and making money. They are going to make tons of money on it whether or not they lock down the OS like the article suggest. It's only going to be installed on every off the shelf PC on the planet. If that lock down is true.....only us enthusiast will suffer but who care about us, we are a small part of the market. All this copyright HDCP stuff in vista, HDMI graphics cards are out and right around the corner.....HDMI monitors.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for that Tinfoil hat theory that I have about Vista representing the new world order with Nazi practices being implemented agains U.S Citizens with toatal and utter disregard for our constitution as well as our rights, that people costantly bash me for!!!

Guess Brother Esau aint smoking Crack after all huh???

I never would have dreamed that MS would go this far and trust me MS does go to lenghts in order to increase their profits and monopoly holds. I am always reluctant to upgrade to the next version of windows because of unforseen bugs that ever plague all of MS different OS and that is why I always wait at least until the first service pack is available. I didnt upgrade to XP until 2 years ago because I simply didnt need it. The main reason why I would ever upgrade to a new OS platform is because something that I need or use regularly only works on such platform.

If Vista gets released with all the encryption BS then I simply wont bother with it and with time if it doesnt change then I might just walk away from any new PC content or god forbid switch to MAC!? :confused:

I mostly use my PC for Games and Internet and not much else and if I cant do that with my PC I simply will look for an alternate route eventhought it might not neccesarily be the best. I just hope that this fiasco gets resolved and we are able to use our hardware the way that it was meant to be without any restrictions.

people are reading way more into this than neccesary....

it's the same jump as from 3.1 to 95 or 98 or 98se or ME or 2000.... whatever...you have to switch sooner or later just because hardware and software have more support for the newer... if it wasnt the case we'd all still be dealling with the craptacular 98se we all had to deal with....

I am sure some, if not most would agree, that the switch from 98 to XP was a good one.... some of you fought that tooth and nail but once you switched you wouldnt look back....

I am glad I switched.... Vista is just the same thing with more features... the only thing that really sucks for us right now is some of the programs we use on XP just wont work on Vista.... not yet at least....

Personally I like Vista and the new features...most of them...I think it's a nice improvement over previous versions...

People are always going to like everything.... nomatter what MS dishes out, nomatter how good it maybe someone will always cripe about something....

The dumbest thing I ever heard was when that guy sued MS for putting Media Player as the default player and he didnt like that...and he got millions for it...JACKASS.... he could have just installed something else and ran with it but NO he had to gripe for money because he appearently figure how not to use it or uninstall it....Grow up....

For most and me included...MS's OS's are the most hands free, trouble free OS's i've messed with...good right out of the box...AND the stuff I dont like I dont whine like a baby....I just find something I do like....and be happy...

Nothings perfect...nothing will ever be.... just let it flow...;)

Guest MadDias
The dumbest thing I ever heard was when that guy sued MS for putting Media Player as the default player and he didnt like that...and he got millions for it...JACKASS.... he could have just installed something else and ran with it but NO he had to gripe for money because he appearently figure how not to use it or uninstall it....Grow up....

well... it wasn´t a guy... it was the whole EU that sued M$ for binding a program to their os that isn´t really necessary. that "guy" (EU) made M$ to open some of their sourcecodes to other software companies, so that they can integrate their programs better in the os.

u still think this is dumb?

I hope for the day when M$ is stripping down their os to something smaller and lets the user decide what programs he really needs.

I read that article 3 or 4 times, and each time i read it, I thought I understood it a little more. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.

What the article is saying is that in order to play the "premium content" you have to have video and audio cards that encode the signals that they send....If you do not have this, then you will not be able to play the HD content. but if a video card manufacturer makes a card that encodes the siganl, then it will run fine.....is that correct?

The article kind of lost me on the whole tilt bit thing, but I kind of got it. If an error occurs, then the tilt bit gets set and MS is notified about the error? Once that happens, then MS can send signals to anyone with vista and basically turn off their computer if the problem is severe enough??? I was kinda lost there. I hope someone can correct me on this.

Anyone that is disillusioned about Micsofts true intensions in the grand scheme of things is deffinately smoking crack! Further more the NSA is so deaply involved in the Vista platform in conjunction with microsft you really have no idea!

Yall do as you want and see it as you want but after XP winds down I'm going Open B.S.D or Linux

Soon or later you'll all be on Vista, I don't care what you say now. I predict that by SP1 at least 75% of you will have switched over to the "darkside".

Think you will see the switch to Vista is painfully slow...from MS's viewpoint anyway. Current

predictions is it will be about 3-4 years before Vista has a 50% penetration on the consumer

desktop. Businesses are saying no to Vista in droves.

Heck I still use Win98se as my primary, everyday OS on my AGP machine. I only dual boot to

XP for gaming on it. My Conroe/680i card test rig is XP only of course. It may get Vista

installed on it in a dual boot down the road if that is where my card customers go.

Viper

Well considering that all new PC's sold in retail stores after official launch will have Vista pre-installed, that 3-4 years seems a bit far fetched to me. I would guesstimate that at least 90% of consumers don't upgrade, they just buy a new machine when they get sick of calling tech support or everybody else has better machines (Americans are so vain).

Businesses have always been a different story, since capital is the main deciding factor. Down time, re-teaching staff, buying now software it all adds up to losing money. That's why there are still companies out there running legacy networks like NT or Novell environments etc.