2 probs having

2 probs im having

first is when system boots up,goes passed post scren and then windows boot screen and just hangs,after several mins ,i turn off pc and boot again and works ok

second probs is sometimes doing things in windows and it seem sluggish

using memory at 3-4-4-8 and cpu is at at 240 x 10 x4

any ideas

What is the voltage on your CPU VID? You might have to increase it slightly. Make sure you know the max voltage that you can increase to safely before you do this. The other thing would be to try to increase the voltage on your memory slightly. Again, you need to know what the max voltage is that you can safely run your memory sticks at.

Jason

I know what you mean about that sluggish in windows thing, I get that once in a while, usually it's fixed by a quick format hehe. I'm with Comicdom too, if it's hanging while booting your stability probably isn't good, I like to complete stability tests and then reinstall windows in case it got damaged from when I was unstable (don't know if it's possible but it only takes like 30 mins to format)

merry merry ,guys

the volts on memory is 2.8 which is highest recommended by A-DATA

think the volts on cpu is default,will check when i got home from work

sluggish in windows seem only happens after windows is running a while,and only if you doing several things at once,which i didi before i upgraded to this mobo,its same cpu

as far as formatting,i formatted so much in a month than i have ever did as long as i have had a pc sinse 92,so dont think formatting is the answer,something is acting up which has something to do with mobo,

will chechk the cpu volts when i get home

Ok yeah check on those CPU volts and if you have time maybe do some set it and forget it prime95 or memtest86 (I find lately memtest86 doesn't fail unless I'm really unstable though)

Also just a thought for the sluggish in windows bit, is your page file fragmented? If you open windows disk defragmenter it's the green stuff and it should hopefully not be in more than one or two pieces. I know you have 2GB of RAM, just thought I would throw it out there though.

I was always stable at 200x11 1.30V and mine is a terrible overclocker so you should be fine there too.

Also re: defragmenting the page file generally you can't because it's locked by windows. If you have o&o defrag it can usually defragment the page file if you reboot it has its own dos-esque defrag program that runs before windows starts up again.

I find the easiest way to defragment it is to set it to 0 MB, restart (this deletes it), defragment (free up a big chunk of space for it to sit in), recreate it (hopefully it goes onto the drive in 1 piece this time), and restart again.

I resolved my cold boot changing the psu, using the right memory settings (especially the 2/4 dimm slew to advance 450 and the tref 4760 or something) and leaving the standby amber led on (just shutdown the pc without switch the psu power on/off switch)