Sign in to follow this  
reno_skychaser

SLI problems

Running 3DMark06 and the built in FEAR stress-test shows me that I have a problem with SLI.

My framerates/scores are about exactly the same (if not a little lower) in SLI mode than in single card mode. However, the visuals appear to be running at half of the registered framerate. When I first got everything up and running, SLI worked correctly, but now I'm taking a hit from it. The motherboards jumpers are positioned correctly, SLI Broadcast Aperture in BIOS is on Auto, both cards have power cables plugged in, I've reformatted my hard disk aobut 20 times, ran Seatools diagnostics on it, tested my memory, reinstalled Windows thrice, and uninstalled/driver-cleaned/reinstalled nVidia drivers about as many times. With as many factors ruled out, I seem to be coming down to my power supply. nVidia requires a PSU a little too identical to mine as a min. requirement for GTX's in SLI to be comfortable. Anyone else think that's where my problem is?

For testing purposes, try removing the Western Digital 40GB HD and Sound Blaster Audigy 4. The total +12v (36A) supported by your power supply does appear a little low for your particular setup.

--Fernando

For testing purposes, try removing the Western Digital 40GB HD and Sound Blaster Audigy 4. The total +12v (36A) supported by your power supply does appear a little low for your particular setup.

--Fernando

Problem persists.

try takng all ur OC back to default, as that will give u a little more juice for ur vid cards

Now while this may work, if removing my sound card and other HD didn't work, I don't want to have to remove one drive, take out sound card, and downclock CPU just to use SLI. I'ld prefer to buy a new power supply.

Sound like you have all the bases covered! Did you try to disable the SLI Broadcast Aperture? I heard that it worked for some people otherwise:

http://www.lagoom.com/OCZ_FREE_GIFT_GameXS...-id-569268.html

http://www.atacom.com/program/print_html_n..._09&USER_ID=www

Yeah, disabled it, still not working. And the one I've been looking at for a while:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817714002

You have a some power sucking hardware running in your rig especially the 2x GTO which are power hogs, an X2 an 2hdd, and a mobo that sucks power.......shooting in the dark but thinking the Antec aint cutting it with those GTO's ;), no way to know though without another larger PSU???

Logan

This is not a popular solution but has worked in the past and that is a fresh install of windows and the latest chipset and Video card drivers.