Sign in to follow this  
Reaper_NZ

BSOD with two sticks in orange slot?

Well recently when i changed my cooler (old one was blocking an orange dimm slot) so i threw both by sticks of RAM in and when i booted, i logged into windows and got a BSOD flash on the screen then the computer restarted?!

Any ideas why this is happening? Its really frustrating :S

What I would is clear the CMOS and Load Defaults then the memory timings.

If that doesn’t work try a long CMOS clear like this and follow it exactly.

Also get a recommended PSU.

What I would is clear the CMOS and Load Defaults then the memory timings.

If that doesn’t work try a long CMOS clear like this and follow it exactly.

Also get a recommended PSU.

Cheers, I'll try that a bit later.

Also I'm looking at getting a Corsair HX 620W next year.

Like Tasr says about your power supply DFI requires a native 24 pin and 34 A on 1 12v rail or 18a on 2 12v rails. Your running a dual core cpu 2 gigs of ram and 2 hardrives in raid with a severly unpowered ssytem your going to get staboity issues until you upgrade your power supply.

Like Tasr says about your power supply DFI requires a native 24 pin and 34 A on 1 12v rail or 18a on 2 12v rails. Your running a dual core cpu 2 gigs of ram and 2 hardrives in raid with a severly unpowered ssytem your going to get staboity issues until you upgrade your power supply.

Wel my PSU is a native 24pin (no adapter being used), it has 18A on both 12V rails. Not sure how much amps on the single rail though.

I've had similar issues with my expert. Start off slow and use a minimal build - board, cpu, ram, gfx card, and psu. Run memtest to check the ram. If you get errors, move the sticks back to the yellow slots and retest (maybe even test one stick at a time). I have 4 sets of ram, 2 of which only work in a specific channel. You can at least eliminate the ram as the problem if it passes memtest.