C2D with 8800GTS benchies....

-CsA-TAZ

Ok thought I would post some benchies as this is the first time that i have had to play around with my hardware, cant believe that this set up can match or even beat a FX60 and 8800GTX combo, fooking awsome :D lol

CPU @ 3.6 and the GPU @ 600/800

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/tibbsy/BENCHMARKS.jpg

Nice! Is this all you can get out of your CPU? Just trying to see what the limit would be! It seems like many people run it at 3.6Mhz which I think the limit is.

Not tried yet tbh, only had a play with it today took about 7 goes to get it to to finish 3D/05 it kept crashing @ the cpu test so increased the volts till it was stable, jumped straight in @ 400 x 9 and went from there, not primed it yet, will do that over night! it seems quiet happy @ 3.6 with 1.425V don't know what the temps are yet but all in good time, time to do some BF2 now! :D

Wait man you have a ds4 mobo I didn't even know they had that. I have yet to clock my e6300 do you know how to get into advanced memory options on the BIOS I forgot what key you have to press.

Also nice scores man, I think I'm gonna get a 8800gts when the prices go down a tad, in addition some 2gb ram kit, how's your ADATA?

Wait man you have a ds4 mobo I didn't even know they had that. I have yet to clock my e6300 do you know how to get into advanced memory options on the BIOS I forgot what key you have to press.

Also nice scores man, I think I'm gonna get a 8800gts when the prices go down a tad, in addition some 2gb ram kit, how's your ADATA?

The Adata is as good as you can get, it not a bad price either but its going up all the time, should drop a little after Xmas, and yes i do know but have never found the need to use it yet, To unlock Memory timings page, press Ctrl + F1 on main BIOS screen, as you have the same dell screen as me then the GTS is all you need, the gtx would be better no doubt but @ the same time it would be OTT for most games @ 1680 X 1050 but some games do push it hard @ default clocks but that is soon helped along when you start to OC it, im sure i can get more out of it too!

Note that I did a benchie with the ram overclocked (to like 1000! somehow) but it doesnt appear to make much difference. It seems all core driven. Try running the ram at stock and seeing what happens.

Nice 3dmark06 though ;-)

hey man! Good work :) what are your temps, cpu gpu and NB

I hope to hit 3.6ghz someday :)

As I said I have no idea, every bit of software reports it different, but the card is showing 55c with the fan on 80% dont know what its hitting whilst benching but will try more things 2morow!

The core two is much more core driven but many of the MB's are heavely optimised for stock speed and you end up getting increased latency or slower real memory speed with higher memory speed settings without the reason being obvious. One big reason I cant wait for a full LP board to come out.