Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

List of recommended memory modules

Is there a list somewhere on this website of absolutely, positively, guaranteed to work, memory modules? This seems to be one of the main reasons that this motherboard fails to achieve acceptable levels of operation.

Is there a list somewhere on this website of absolutely, positively, guaranteed to work, memory modules? This seems to be one of the main reasons that this motherboard fails to achieve acceptable levels of operation.

There should be no reason why your 4 OCZ sticks are not correctly working in your system. BIOS settings may help. Use the template found in the Overclocking forums.

Here's the link: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24719

I did a search and found his recommendations, but it was for a Nvidia system and not ATI. The motherboard I have is a UT CFX3200-DR/G. This is the board I'm trying to find a workable memory solution for.

I have run 4 different sets of memory in this board. It all depends if you want 512MB Sticks or 1GB Sticks. So far I have been able to get G. Skill DDR 600 2x512, 2X512 of Crucial DDR 400 Single Sided, G. Skill 2x 1MB DDR 500HZ, and Geil One 2x512 DDR 600. Currently I am running the Geil One DDR 600 at a 1:1 ratio and with my current fsb of 305. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones because My motherboard has been very stable. I will say that unless you have lots of patience its very easy get a little frustrated with this motherboard. There are a lot of settings so the end user can tweak it to there liking. OCZ Tony has some nice screen shots up with some with some settings that seem to work very nicely. If you do a google search for OCZ Tony and Crossfire 3200 I think you will find it helpful. I will also say that the settings that OCZ Tony suggested are based on the OCZ memory he uses so make sure you know the timings for your own memory and proper voltage.

Jason

Your memory should be TCCD, which is listed on that list from DFI.

BIOS settings?

I can't get to the BIOS screen.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72141

That's with trying three different brands of memory. I just need it to POST so that I can update the BIOS to one that is OCZ friendly. I am at the time limit for getting a RMA from New Egg if that is necessary. The other thing I noticed is that these motherboards are drying up for purchase. New Egg doesn't even list them for sale anymore. I wonder if there is a message in that fact. I had to wait for the CPU & cooler to show so that ate in to the 15 day return period. Luckily for me they both came from New Egg.

I can't get to the BIOS screen.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72141

That's with trying three different brands of memory. I just need it to POST so that I can update the BIOS to one that is OCZ friendly. I am at the time limit for getting a RMA from New Egg if that is necessary. The other thing I noticed is that these motherboards are drying up for purchase. New Egg doesn't even list them for sale anymore. I wonder if there is a message in that fact. I had to wait for the CPU & cooler to show so that ate in to the 15 day return period. Luckily for me they both came from New Egg.

There is no BIOS specifically tuned for OCZ sticks.

And, like I said in the above post, go to the Overclocking Database forum and get the template for posting your BIOS settings.

There is no BIOS specifically tuned for OCZ sticks.

And, like I said in the above post, go to the Overclocking Database forum and get the template for posting your BIOS settings.

There are no BIOS settings. It will not POST. I have a monitor that can't find a signal because I've either had a C1, 92, or C0 error code from the motherboard LED display. Some times I get a continuous, rhythmic beep from the motherboard speaker which goes on until I kill the power. Like it can't get all the way through the POST cycle, but keeps on trying in a loop. Sometimes there is no beeping at all.

From what I've read there are no OCZ specific BIOS, just that the newer ones are more OCZ friendly. I can't do anything about an updated BIOS until I get an initial POST.

There are no BIOS settings. It will not POST. I have a monitor that can't find a signal because I've either had a C1, 92, or C0 error code from the motherboard LED display. Some times I get a continuous, rhythmic beep from the motherboard speaker which goes on until I kill the power. Like it can't get all the way through the POST cycle, but keeps on trying in a loop. Sometimes there is no beeping at all.

From what I've read there are no OCZ specific BIOS, just that the newer ones are more OCZ friendly. I can't do anything about an updated BIOS until I get an initial POST.

Maybe the RAM went bad?