X2 4400+ or X2 4400+(89W)

OldMike

I'm running a FX55 in a spare rig, I want to get a Two Core to put in it's place while they are still available. The rig is not for OC, just a back up I'll end up passing on to a family member as I upgrade. Should I get the (89W) or not?

Thanks,

Mike

I'm running a FX55 in a spare rig, I want to get a Two Core to put in it's place while they are still available. The rig is not for OC, just a back up I'll end up passing on to a family member as I upgrade. Should I get the (89W) or not?

Thanks,

Mike

If you're concerned about power consumption, sure.

Thanks,

Let me state, I have pleanty of power and cooling for either. Other than heat and power consumption does one perform better that the other?

Mike

The FX-55 versus the X2?

The X2 will spank the FX-55 a million times over.. although each core runs (at stock) 400 mhz slower, the fact that the X2 is dual-core will help a lot.

Since you are not going to overclock, the 4400+ would be pretty good. But I would recommend getting an Opteron 165/170 and overclocking it just slightly (400mhz/200mhz respectively) to match or exceed the 2.2GHz of the X2 4400. They can handle that overclock like it's nothing.

Sorry if this didn't answer/misunderstood your question.

The FX-55 versus the X2?

The X2 will spank the FX-55 a million times over.. although each core runs (at stock) 400 mhz slower, the fact that the X2 is dual-core will help a lot.

Since you are not going to overclock, the 4400+ would be pretty good. But I would recommend getting an Opteron 165/170 and overclocking it just slightly (400mhz/200mhz respectively) to match or exceed the 2.2GHz of the X2 4400. They can handle that overclock like it's nothing.

Sorry if this didn't answer/misunderstood your question.

The question is simply, 4400+ or 4400+(89W)?

I'm going to buy one of these tomorrow to replace the FX55.

Not going to OC