So I bought a domain name... what now?

ReelFiles

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Lunarpages. They have superb support. Another option to Hostmonster, or Dreamhost. There are plenty out there. I’m not home, but I think I pay $117 per year, and that includes my domain name. It’s a subject you want to research very carefully. I had several hosting companies that I originaly looked at, and part of my decision was based on doing a tracerout (spelled wrong) to see exactly what kid of speed each hosting company had, and part of my decision was based on a company that was geographically as close to me as possible. It helps on the speed. Here is a site that evaluates the top 10 hosting companies.

Others worth looking at. Dreamhost and PowWeb

• 2 months later...

Any updates? I'm back in the market and looking for the best deal. I need 2 domain names, I already own one of them, and probably on the low end of storage and transfer. It seems most hosts offer something like 200GB storage and 2,000GB of transfer, which should handily cover it. Thanks!

Any updates? I'm back in the market and looking for the best deal. I need 2 domain names, I already own one of them, and probably on the low end of storage and transfer. It seems most hosts offer something like 200GB storage and 2,000GB of transfer, which should handily cover it. Thanks!

i can beat any HOST quote, privmsg me for info :)

I use ICDSoft.

$72/year for 1GB + $5 for a domain name.

When you renew it's only $58 + $5.

They guarantee 1 hr. service 24/7 and have helped me transfer existing domain names and even changed my renewal date so that both my web sites expire at the same time.

Servers are in Singapore and Boston.