OCZ GameXStream 850W PS $149.99 Free Ship

faheyd

ROTFLMAO :shake: :shake:

^^ 100% Truth

Lately I've done the opposite, buy the latest, but you still can never have the latest and have it right.

I bought an opteron, then I needed better cooling. I bought the better cooling, then I needed mobo/RAM cooling because the Tuniq didn't face down on the board. I put a 120mm fan there with twist ties, then the thing was too slow when the core 2 duo came out for encodes on my portable video player(I could never have them done before I left the house). I bought a core 2 duo, and the RAM I had was too slow for overclocking. I bought faster RAM, but the lame 975 chipset combined with ASUS's complete lack of RAM timings/subtimings in the BIOS means I can't use more than one stick at a time for high FSB, or I have to run the memory high with a low CPU clock/low FSB.

You can never win, you know. There's always better, and you won't know what will truly make a good setup until you get your setup and diagnose what could be better, and learn its quirks. But, it's at this point that I've learned, I need to stop looking for these quirks, or for the things that went down in price 50% right after I bought them, and start using my computer for what I bought it to do. tweaking/overclocking is a cool hobby, but when you let the tweaking/overclocking take more of your time, than what you actually intended to use the computer for, it can make you miserable.

Is the latest [insert new toys ] that hungry? :rolleyes:

Hard drives haven't gotten faster in years. The interfaces have, but the drives barely improve. RAID 0 will become popular.. then RAID 0 + RAID 1 so you have backups. New CPUs with four cores, new graphics cards with two cores, crazy people with two graphics cards that have two cores each. Fans, watercooling, etc.

It wouldn't be a bad thing to have for the future. Wait until graphics cards adopt quadcore.. and wait till lunatics try running two of those in a quad core system. Stock cooling will BE watercooling by then, I predict.