Error code 92

This MB has me pulling my hair out. This is the first DFI board that I've owned. The reason I bought it is that the SATA connectors work with the X1950 video cards. I found that on my previous Abit board the SATA connectors would bend sideways & disconnect when installing the X1950's. Same with the Asus board that I have. DFI seemed to think about where the SATA connectors needed to be to function with every video card.

I originally tried 4 sticks of OCZ 4800 PE. The first code it threw was C21. I removed 3 sticks & got the error code 92 with a repetitive beeping, which from searching seems to be an unallocated error code. I moved the sticks around & cleared the CMOS, which did nothing.

I bought another stick of Kbyte locally, cleared the CMOS, & moved the stick around. It did nothing but produce POST error code 92 & the constant beeping.

I returned that stick & bought a 256 mb stick of Kingston KVR-400 because it seems to be one that is recommended on DFI's website. The results are again the same even with half a dozen clearings of the CMOS which was recommended on this website. I've moved the stick around several times with no luck. What am I missing here? I can't continue to purchase different brands of memory to try and hope one works out. This is the sixth board I've built & the most frustrating one to date.

The only memory that I have on hand in two like sticks is the OCZ 4800 Plat El. If I put that in the two orange slots I get a POST error code of C1. The continuous cyclical beeping has stopped in that configuration. The second time I tried I got a POST error code of C0. What it currently does is cycle through C1 three or four times and then stays with a steady C0.

Hi m8

the 4800 plats are not compatible as i had the same problem til i used my pc4000 plat eb's and booted straight away

its a very picky bourd

i had to rebuy new gear just to find out what it was in the end the problem was the memory i already had

i think ive also heard that dfi bourds dont like kingston ..not 100% on that though..

I tried three different brands of memory today. Kingston KVR400 is on DFI's website as a recommended and compatible memory. I found on this website the fact that the earlier BIOS do not work well with OCZ memory. I tried two other brands today to try and get a POST so that I could reflash the BIOS to one of the OCZ compatible ones.

http://www.memory-configurator.com/product...3_8_/index.html

2Gb OCZ PC3200 Special Ops Edition Dual...

http://www.memory-configurator.com/product...kit/index.htmli

2Gb A-Data DDR PC4000 Vitesta Extreme..

use these A-DATA with no probs

2Gb G.Skill ZX Series DDR PC3200 (DDR400)

http://www.memory-configurator.com/product..._kit/index.html

Alot od users use these

I tried three different brands of memory today. Kingston KVR400 is on DFI's website as a recommended and compatible memory. I found on this website the fact that the earlier BIOS do not work well with OCZ memory. I tried two other brands today to try and get a POST so that I could reflash the BIOS to one of the OCZ compatible ones.

I read your Sig, but I cannot tell what Bios you are running?

Jason

By now the Bios is probably pretty well scrambled.

Perform a 24 hour CMOS clear. The link is in my sig. Pay particular attention to the use of a PS2 keyboard and the use of the Insert key.

After the clear, attempt to boot using the processor, one stick of of the Kingston memory in the orange slot furthest from the processor, one video card and a single hard drive.

By now the Bios is probably pretty well scrambled.

Perform a 24 hour CMOS clear. The link is in my sig. Pay particular attention to the use of a PS2 keyboard and the use of the Insert key.

After the clear, attempt to boot using the processor, one stick of of the Kingston memory in the orange slot furthest from the processor, one video card and a single hard drive.

OK. I am going to do the 24 hour CMOS clear. I will let you know tomorrow whether it was successful or not around this time. I just tried a ten minute clear. It gives the error code 92 with a repetitive single beep. BTW, I'm using a 256mb stick of Kingston KVR400. It shouldn't be an issue versus 512mb of the same RAM, correct?

There are only three power connectors on my board, 24 pin, 4 pin, floppy type.