Sign in to follow this  
Notesinger

Wintv 980

Hay all was just wondering how many people use tv cards and if it is worth having one i was thinking of the Hauppauge 980 (wintv) card or should i get the USB one...its a 50 dollar differance

i dont use a tv card... i dont see a reason to... why cant tou turn around and just watch your tv??? lol... mabye you want to record shows... ... well i just dont think it has much of a point...

Watching tv on your computer isnt the main reason I got mine. It's great being able to convert your old VHS to digital.

But I also like being able to record any show at anytime I want without having to mess with tapes and all that junk.

shouldn't this go in the video forum? but i have a question and a suggestion to add to this about tv tuners. well i've heard the ati all in wonder pro tv tuner (pics) is a good tv tuner, but in "pics" link in the third picture it shows a purple cord. does that cord mean i can hook like a ps2 up to it and play my ps2 on my comp?

Edited by Sly_C

yes you cold. the ati has svideo in, coaxial in, and audio in as well as the regular tv in.