Sign in to follow this  
orbster556

Working Now Failing to Boot

I had a working rig with the hardware listed in my signature. I recently purchased a new case becasue my current one was a bit small and not particulary efficient with noise or airflow. I moved all my components to the new case and also installed a new ps--and OCZ GameXStream 700W--and was quite distraught when I recieved all four red leds when I first attempted to startup...I swapped back to my old ps but without any change in the outcome...Also my monitor does not come out of standby when i powerup and the monitor led remains amber...As I mentioned, everything was running fine before the move to the new case...

I am very concerned and quite upset and would be very grateful if anyone could offer some possible remedies...

Thanks in advance...

Unfortunately when ever you move a system to a new case you should treat it as a new build. Following the build guide with the basics and move forward as it shows. You won't need to do a clean install of windows but I have read about it happening. Go back to 1 stick of ram, orange slot nearest the edge of the board, video card, ps2 keyboard and get it to post load optimised defaults. memtest your ram. then install the hardrive and let it load windows. then you add your second stick of ram restart and continue from their installing all the rest of your hardware. Your sytem won't usualy restart where you left off even with just replacing the psu. Your going to get more power and more efficent power so your settings will probably have needed a change anyway http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ial+build+guide

This will sometimes happen when you fully power down the system and unplug anything... Do the full CMOS clear - linkage in sig... If even the long clear doesn't make a difference, try building out of the case... same result?

I followed the instructuions from the initial build thread and am making great progress...I have gotten past the four leds and can now boot and get into windows...However, it would seem that the culprit behind my problems was the new case I was moving into. What would be the likely reason for this problem and what can I do to ensure that my new case isn't a $200 paperweight?

Thank you so much for your help...

What case is it?

The 1st thing I'd check is the airflow. (heat)

2nd thing to check would be the standoffs.

3rd thing would be the case wiring (power, hdds etc).

The case is a LIAN LI PC-A10A. While I can't say for sure--if I could I would be asking for help:confused:--I don't think it would be heat becasue I had both side panels removed and mothing would even boot when i first started so my components would have to get very hot in a very short period of time. With the issues of the standoffs how exactly would I check to make sure that they are the problem? Assuming they are, how what should I do to ensure that I don't run into any more issues...