Corsair PC3200XL (TCCD)

Hey,

I'm testing my Corsair PC3200XL 2x512mb (TCCD) in my NF4-SLI-DR at 10x250 but I'm having trouble with Prime95.

Using 2.5-3-3-8 (2.8-2.9v) 200/1:1 in yellow or orange slots results in failing Prime95 (dual instances) in 1~5mins.

I've looked at the OCDB and tried some of the settings (of similar systems) but no change. It still fails.

I ran Memtest86+ (test #5) for 20+ passes and no errors. I also ran SuperPI 1m and 32m and both completed without errors.

This memory ran fine in my NF7-S, AN7, and NF2 Ultra B systems at 250FSB (@2.9v 2.5-3-3-8).

Any suggestions?

--Fernando

Mem timings you gotta play with whats gonna work for you, loosen them up,,,,,,or how about load optimised defaults and see what A64info says is loaded as the defaults then start from there loosening them up...

logan

Thanks for the suggestions! :) I tried all kinds of settings including running the memory on dividers and they all fail Prime95.

It also fails Prime95 in my NF2 Ultra B and when I tested the memory in Memtest86 it produces errors.

Needless to say, I'm in the process of RMAing it back to Corsair.

Don't know when it went bad :confused:

--Fernando

hey man....

dont know if it will help you any...but here is a screenie I did last night with my TCCD at 300x10 1:1...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...&postcount=3147

Dude,

That's a sweet overclock! Mind you, it's with a single-core but it's impressive nonetheless :eek: I will try again when I get a replacement pair of TCCD. My UTT CH-5 will do about 260FSB and I'm sure a good set of TCCD will easily blow that away! :P

--Fernando

Dude,

That's a sweet overclock! Mind you, it's with a single-core but it's impressive nonetheless :eek: I will try again when I get a replacement pair of TCCD. My UTT CH-5 will do about 260FSB and I'm sure a good set of TCCD will easily blow that away! :P

--Fernando

AWW Shucks man... I feel good about it...I am sure other have hit ddr600 with XBLK...there is a thread on it somewhere...

OP'r....prime stable...Hale yes it is... find my OCDB entry...

Not sure what you mean by manual settings but I posted the A64-Tweaker because ALL my secondaries are on Auto... and the primaries are 3-4-4-8 1T 1:1 it's all there I dont know what else to post...?

Messing around with my UTT CH-5, I placed the memory ratio on 9/11 (11 divider) which runs it at 254.4MHz @3.3v and upped the bus speed to 280 (10x) and I'm enjoying 2800MHz at 1.5v. :P

Still testing but it looks very good so far. I've passed 1m and 32m of SuperPi and played a few games for a couple of hours (Call of Duty 2, Oblivion, and Need for Speed Carbon) all without issue.

When I get the chance, I'll probably complete my OC and log it into the OCDB. :)

--Fernando