Sign in to follow this  
Pancho

What is BIOS keystroke command. Just installed new mobo, NF590 SLI-M2R

What is the bios keystroke command. Just installed new mobo, NF590 SLI-M2R/G

Had been waiting for NF590 SLI-M2R/G to arrive from Newegg. Mobo got here yesterday at 7PM, and installed it immediately. Machine fired right up without the slightest problem. A very impressive event. I am thankful that I didn't have any of the customary tortuous episodes typically associated with a new mobo install.

Now, gave manual a cursory reading, then another, and can't seem to find any mention of the keystroke command required in the bios so that I can get to the overclocking features. Read about these keystrokes on this forum a few times, but, now that I have mobo in, can't remember, and can't find the command when I search the forum. Need help.

Can someone tell me the keystrokes, please ??? Would like to get to the cpu frequency and multiplier asap.

Thanks

Guest erico
What is the bios keystroke command. Just installed new mobo, NF590 SLI-M2R/G

Had been waiting for NF590 SLI-M2R/G to arrive from Newegg. Mobo got here yesterday at 7PM, and installed it immediately. Machine fired right up without the slightest problem. A very impressive event. I am thankful that I didn't have any of the customary tortuous episodes typically associated with a new mobo install.

Now, gave manual a cursory reading, then another, and can't seem to find any mention of the keystroke command required in the bios so that I can get to the overclocking features. Read about these keystrokes on this forum a few times, but, now that I have mobo in, can't remember, and can't find the command when I search the forum. Need help.

Can someone tell me the keystrokes, please ??? Would like to get to the cpu frequency and multiplier asap.

Thanks

are you talking about the Del key? That is how the manual for your MOBO describes entering the BIOS during the Boot sequence. If there are some exotic keystrokes to enter BIOS that I don't know about, well I will wait to hear what the magic keystrokes are from the high priests of CMOS :D

:)

No, no, no, not the Del key.

Seems that I read a few postings re. that the OC'ing features in the Bios were made available only by a key combination. When I was surveying forums and reading reviews when shopping for a new mobo, I was also checking out the Gigabyte NF590-SLI mobo. Maybe it was the Gigabyte mobo that requires additional keystroke commands in the bios to make the OCing features available ???

Guest erico
No, no, no, not the Del key.

Seems that I read a few postings re. that the OC'ing features in the Bios were made available only by a key combination. When I was surveying forums and reading reviews when shopping for a new mobo, I was also checking out the Gigabyte NF590-SLI mobo. Maybe it was the Gigabyte mobo that requires additional keystroke commands in the bios to make the OCing features available ???

So you can't get to the overclocking features at all?

From my read of your MOBO's manual, access to overclocking features didn't appear any different than in my BIOS although your BIOS has more stuff.

Pretty sure the GigaByte's need F12 or F9 to get you into the exttra OC features.

You read correctly but a different Mobo.

You got the good mobo :D

Thanks.

Yep, got mixed up re. the Gigabyte mobo.

I'm excited about OC'ing this machine.

Hope I don't fry my processor and/or dimms.

Only have a small, small, bit of OC experience.

Now I've gotten myself into a dangerous position--

too much machine, and too little knowledge, gulp.

Guest ElAguila

The Gigabyte requres you to enter Ctl+F1 to access the ram configs. This mobo doesn't require any of that crap.

The AMD Overclocking Guide - A MUST Read

Web version from Diablo THunDA (es muy loco)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

PDF version from Senor Happy_Games

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28049

I just got the same board for testing. Very excited as well.

Give a shout if you have questions. Maybe we can figure out together!

Looks like Senor Happy_Games and Senor Technodanvan (es grande overclocking caballeros) gave the boards a very good workout from the results in the OCDB (OverClocking DataBase)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...?t=63030&page=2

:D

Feliz Navidad

Thanks for the pdf version.

Had printed the forum version,which resulted in clipped margins, half words, etc.

Pdf is perfect.

Will stay in touch.

Thanks again.

Feliz Navidad

Merry Christmas

(None of this happy holidays rubbish.)