Sign in to follow this  
Nartano

One led of death!

Hi all, just spent most of the night going through the several threads on this forum, yet I can't come up with a solution for what seems to be a common problem...

To make it short, the new build in my signature doesn't post.

I triple checked the power connections and the vga card seating correctly in the first pic-e slot and the sli jumpers being set for the correct slot, but when I power up the system I still get one long beep, the last led on, and no signal at all to my monitor.

Also tried a several hours cmos clear, only thing to try there is removing the battery completely...

Obviously I can't get to the bios to flash a new version or change starting sequences and the likes as I can't get any signal out to the monitor.

Was thinking about the power supply being not powerfull enough to power the vga card, but damn!, it's one of the best out there rating 18A on both 12v 1 & 2...

Thanx for any advice!!!

your PSU may suffer from the "Cold Boot" issue. This is a PSU issue.

do you have the Noisetaker I or II? the noiseTakerII was pulled from the recommanded lists due to this issue. If you have the NoiseTaker II ... get a diff PSU. If you have the NoiseTaker I ....... no idea!

Some simple things first:

Have you tried switching to a different DVI port on your card? Are you sure the monitor is good/working? Do you have any standard PC3200 memory that you can boot with? You may need to boot with some noddy memory first, before you can boot with your faster stuff. Then you can enter the timings for your PC4800, reboot, switch sticks, and you should be away.

If none of the above helps, or doesn't make sense, do the full 24hr CMOS clear - linkage in sig

The monitor is working flawlessy when connected to my old computer.

Only doubt is about the dvi-vga adapter, but that's brand new!

Already tried to switch dvi port with the same result.

As for the memory...it's working perfectly on my older pc, and anyway it's read as pc3200 before you start working with timings and speed...

Will try the complete clear sequence of 24 hours without the battery then...

Damn, the 24 cmos clear did not work, I still get the long beep and the last led stays lit...

May I start suspecting the vga card is failing?

I am having the same issue as you. I get one LED and one beep. The beep is not long however it is just the single short beep. I also get no video signal. I tried 2 different PSU's the Enermax Liberty 500W and the GameXstream 600W which are both quality PSU's and it did not make a difference. Are you sure you are getting a long beep? Is it not a short beep?

I believe the long beep is VGA card, take it out and re seat it.

Already tried a couple times, both on a temporary setup and seating the motherboard in the case (the ATI heatsink is quite heavy, thought it might make the card "fall" on one side) and still getting the same result.

Of course I checked the power supply to the card...

I am having the same issue as you. I get one LED and one beep. The beep is not long however it is just the single short beep. I also get no video signal. I tried 2 different PSU's the Enermax Liberty 500W and the GameXstream 600W which are both quality PSU's and it did not make a difference. Are you sure you are getting a long beep? Is it not a short beep?

I see you have the same vga card...does anyone know of know issues between dfi lanparty NF4 Ultra and ati's x1900xt?

Guest erico

Single long beep followed by three short beeeps is a video error. Single long beep is DRAM error.. This info is straight out of the system user's manual.

Looks like it is time to play with your DRAM settings. Don't chase your tail on this.. Start with a single stick of DDRAM in the DDR1 or DDR2. slot.

Just out of curiousity. Have you tried another GFX card and gotten same results or tried the GFX card that you think was giving you probs in another RIG? If it works in another RIG..then it is most likely DRAM problems. Also try taking out your Audigy card to see if it is playing IRQ tag and stopping your boot. The Creative Labs products have a long history of causing OS problems.

:)

Single long beep followed by three short beeeps is a video error. Single long beep is DRAM error.. This info is straight out of the system user's manual.

Sure' date=' but according to the leds it passes the ram check.

Also, the stick I tried works flawlessy on my previous rig.

Looks like it is time to play with your DRAM settings. Don't chase your tail on this.. Start with a single stick of DDRAM in the DDR1 or DDR2. slot.[/quote']

Would love to, if the blessed motherboard would let me see anything on my monitor and let me into the bios.

I'm already trying with a single stick (tccd chip) on the DDR2 slot.

Just out of curiousity. Have you tried another GFX card and gotten same results or tried the GFX card that you think was giving you probs in another RIG? If it works in another RIG..then it is most likely DRAM problems. Also try taking out your Audigy card to see if it is playing IRQ tag and stopping your boot. The Creative Labs products have a long history of causing OS problems.

:)

Of course I'm doing all my attempts without the soundcard, just cpu, 1 stick of ram and vga.

Unfortunately I don't have another pci-e board nor another vga card around, will hopefully get to see a friend of mine these days and make different tests.