All bets off after Katrina

red930

well, at least we made something popular in Turkey...

I am not a smoker, but I did smoke hookah's back in town in my early years, and I can say if you can also find some turkish coffee with it you might even like it.

You are using all ur 5 senses: you see the smoke; you put the nozzle to your lips; you taste apple or watermellon (whatever you select); you are holding the hooka; and you hear the water bubbling!

I see hookah cafe's like any other one's, but probably more authentic tourist traps...

I didn't want to encourage people, but I think it's worth to try - at least once!

I am not a smoker anymore, however, I really enjoy enjoy smoking on a Hookah with some friends - It is always an enjoyable experience. I have never been to a Hookah bar before, never even seen one actually. That price ($17) seemed expensive to me at first, but when you take into consideration everything that goes into it, its actually a pretty good deal.

Considering Hookah's have nada to do with drugs... Where the opium den comment came from is beyond me.

if you read the artical it states it in there....but i'll post it fer ya...;)

The hookah was invented in India, but it was made popular in Turkey. The water filtration pipes are used in the region and around the globe, a Web site says. They sometimes were used for opium or hashish in the early days, but not at Mosaic.

Here's another item that surprised me a bit.

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=5836491

After the storm a lot of celebrities came down here for photo-ops and such(Sean Penn).

Many more have shown up and simply given lip service to the problems(Faith Hill and Tim McGraw).

A lot(you hardly ever see their name in the media) have gotten down to business and really made a difference with no publicity what-so-ever(more than you might think).

It seems Darth Vader originally wanted a private event but relented when several parents said his presence could get kids in other schools involved in the program. He will be making many more appearances over the next year or so.

Nice guy if you ask me.