Water cooling kit, which one?

-CsA-TAZ

Ok not looking for the BIG OC here just a quiet PC, I have a P180 case with 4 fans and it is a little loud, I would like to remove some of them, just want to start with the CPU for now and proceed to the GPU later depending on the price, as this is all new to me I think I would feel better with a kit, what brands are considered good and what ones are bad and should avoid @ all cost, I have read one of the many guides and got some sort of idea, just don't know what one will do for me, as long as the temps are not any worse than the on air I will be happy!

Avoid most of the 'Kits' out there - except maybe the Corsair Nautilus500. The review that Thunda did on it was pretty good & it may be worth considering.

My suggestion is that you go with something from DangerDen or Swiftech. They can hook you up with what you are looking for and both offer pre-configured 'kits'. Probably the best thing for you to do is have a look at both of the Water Cooling guides in my sig and familiarize yourself with water cooling a bit. It will make buying a setup alot easier and will give you a good foudation for making good purchases. If you are interested in getting something from DD, don't be afraid to contact them - they have great CS and are extremely helpful.

You don't need to get watercooling if you want a quiet pc. My pc is nearly silent and I have air cooling. Unfortunately there are no current aftermarket cooling devices for the 8800 line, so you're only option besides the stock cooling on you gfx card is watercooling. They're not exactly cheap, but you could replace your 4 case fans with quiet ones. You should also invest in some robber grommets for your optical drives and hard drives to reduce vibrations. Not sure if the gigabyte motherboard in your sig has active cooling, but if it does you can replace the chipset with a passive cooling solution like the Thermalright hr-05 or hr-05-sli. From the review I've read there have been multiple complaining about a buzzing noise from the Corsair Nautilis, so even though it may be a good kit for the price, you're going for noise reduction, which negates the reason to get it. It seems you're only good watercooling option would be a custom setup from danger den or the like, but they will be pretty expensive ($250+). I can't tell you first hand, but I don't think the difference in noise between a custom watercooled one, and one with high end aftermarket air cooling (which would be much cheaper) would be all that noticeable, with the exception of passively cooled, low performance radiators..

Price range? If you're willing to pay $300 ish custom DD is the best way to go.

True and with more room to upgrade later. The corsair is OK if you get a kit the main thing to note is the Pump if it does not have a good pump pass on it. There is noting worse than a dead pump in a watercooled system the DDC and D5 like in the DD kit corsair and swifttec kits are good- I have a DDC plus and it is one bad little puppy and quiet. check out the cooling section. Consider at least a 120.2 rad if you might upgrade makes it easer later.