OCZ 2x1 Gig PC4000 - 3 red lights!!

Ok - so I've read all the previous posts and I simply can't get this thing to post.

Previously had 2x512 OCZ Plats Rev2 in the Orange Slots, no trouble at all.

So I clear the CMOS, switch out the sticks - 3 red beeps. I try each 1 gig stick (PC4000 Platinums) individually (both the furtherest orange and yellow slots) and they both work perfectly - so the RAM is good. The CPU is good. I have NO idea now what to do.

I've tried to upgrade the BIOS, now at the 704-BTA2 and again, no luck.

ANYBODY have any solution at all for this? Should I RMA? Should I just go back to the 2x512's and sell the 2x1's and wait for my next rig???

Any and all help is useful. Cheers in advance.

I think you need to upgrade your PSU with a dual core amd the 7900gt your at the bare minimum requirement for a DFI board. Plus i don't see any drives in your sig so we don't know what else your trying to power up. Your adding additional ram which will require more power if you have a different PSU it's worth a try first. Also you could try a minimal build, aftter the CMOS clear, http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7619

Is that bad?

I'd have to switch in some older PC3200 EB sticks I have to say for sure, but I'll venture it's an error on OCZ's part in programming the SPD eeprom. I don't remember off-hand what CPU-Z reported for "Part Number" on the PC3200 EB sticks I have here.

They haven't produced PC3200 EB sticks for quite some time. Like, years ago. EOL now. And even then I've never ever seen a 2Gb(2x1Gb) DC Kit of it, anywhere.

If it's previously ran OC'd at 250+ side by side with its brother w/o issue I'll venture here with knowing what you've mentioned as of this post that its an error in it's SPD programming.

If you're uncomfortable with this, the guys and gals at OCZ are super folks, their warranty service impecable. I'm positive, without a doubt, they'd handle this for you if it turns out to be their error in programming the SPD chip.

FYI, OCZ did in fact produce a 2Gb(2x1Gb) PC3200 EB DC Kit. Again, it's been End of Life(EOL) for years now. If you aquired these used or from another .... um... less than scrutible seller, and you now find yourself with one of the old EOL EB 1Gb sticks, all bets are off.

Odd thing is they do carry the old EB timings of 2.5-3-2-8.

Keep us posted on what develops.

.. Rick

... and they both read with the same part number through CPUZ so I'm guessing it's an internal issue...I hope.

More than likely it is a SPD programming error.

But take a closer at your screenies. In CPU-Z, SPDs are returning:

OCZ4001024EBPE on one

and

OCZ5001024EBPE on the other

EDIT, I'm not meaning to spook ya. Just pointing out what I see.