Sign in to follow this  
2wyce

Sirius Car Radio for GF for Xmas help.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good deals on Sirius car radio on boomboxes. My girlfriend wants this for xmas and I know nothing about this stuff. She is wanting to be able to listen in the car as well as have a boombox for work. Anyone know any good cheap deal? I am looking to spend around 100$. I seen some deals on sirius.com for the car models for like 50$-100$. If someone knows of a good deal or can help me out on this I would be greatly thankful.

I own 2 Starmate Replays (ST2), one in my car and one in my wife's. They've been very good, although I do not use the FM transmitter (because of FM interference) in favor of running it straight into the car stereo (sounds MUCH cleaner that way). I know you can buy a boombox that fits the Starmate so that you can use it at home or in the car.

I think you can get a $30 MIR at the moment. I bought mine at Crutchfield, but they're pretty similarly priced everywhere I looked.

I know some folks will argue about paying for radio, but I will NEVER go back. No more commercials or annoying drive-time DJ chatter. Tons of exactly the music I want to hear or am in the mood for. Worth every penny.

Sign in to follow this