Sign in to follow this  
Anti`

Compatibility

Hey guys, ive just changed my 3500+ for a opty 170. and dropped my 6600gt sli setp for the new tec cooled gecube 1950pro. I have the latest bios from the dfi website. But i need to know will the components be compatible, especially the cpu. Im running a nf4 ut-rd with the sli mod.

Cool thanks, oh also ordered the tuniq tower too. So hopfully ill hit atleast fx-60 speeds :D

It will probably hit 2.6 on (or near) stock volts if it is a good stepping.

I have not installed anything yet, As i am yet to fit the psu. I think im gonna hae to cut a whole out of the side of the case to fit the tuniq tower.

It will probably hit 2.6 on (or near) stock volts if it is a good stepping.

First day on the forum as I just picked up the Ultra-d to replace a ECS KN1, which is still good btw. I was Orthos stable on the ECS at 2.9ghz with a 170 ccbbe 0615 for nine hours before stopping, and I posted at 3ghz. Vcore was flucutating a little at that speed in Orthos (iirc a measly 1.45vcore) even with psu in sig so I figured I was close to the edge on the ECS's capabilities. First day on the DFI and I'm breaking it in easy at 2.8ghz, but I guess what I'm trying to say is if an Opty can make an ECS shine, haha! Strange thing you ask about compatibility as the 170 wouldn't post at all in my Tforce4u board, and biostar hasn't been the best with bios support on that board, but ripped in the ECS I was using in my spare rig.