Sign in to follow this  
mikehurst

System probs, how to track down cause

Hi, I've had my system for about 10 months and unitl a month or so ago It had been completely stable then I started getting a bunch disk errors in the event log

Event ID - 51 - An error was detected on device DeviceHarddisk0D during a paging operation

and the OS got corrupted

I rebuilt and then a couple of weeks later the same thing happened disk errors during paging and then the OS crapped out. I ran the WD diags on the disk and it passed ok

I had been running at 2.4 so I dropped everything back to default and it still fell over again. I stuck a second HD in and ran off that and that too got disk errors and the OS died

I've just run memtest for 24 hours and its fine, its not the disks or cables, so I guess its either the CPU,MB or PS.

What is the best way of nailing down what is causing the probs ?

Just to be sure have you run the WD disk ck? I know some people have also had issues with the uv sata cables. if not then I would definitely try and test with a different PSU. Also try a different sata port. And welcome to the street

Also, are you SuperPI/OCCT/prime stable? You should be, otherwise issues like these can crop up.

A bad stick can also cause problems like this. It may pass memtest, but get errors under the OS. You could also just try with one stick (furthest orange slot) and see if you still get the problems...although this sort of depends on how long it takes for the issues to crop up?