Few quick OC'ing questions

&#330_0&#33

Hey guys, any help here is much appreciated.

This is the first system I've ever OC'ed and I just have a few basic questions about it.

My memory doesn't seem to like 2t at stock(800Mhz) or higher speeds, and 1t will only work at below stock speeds, so my question is regarding this. And here it is: Is it best, performance wise, to have a your memory clocked at a higher frequency at 2t (let's say the difference is 850Mhz DDR2 as opposed to 750Mhz) or is a lower frequency with 1t optimal? I heard that latency is a big contributor to performance with the A64 and that perhaps memory bandwidth didn't mean as much in terms of actual performance? Is 1t worth not over clocking my ram?

Just so you know what I'm aiming for, it's strictly gaming performance. Any pointers people have for this purpose would help greatly.

The other question I have is rather simple as well. My processor is clocked at 230x11=2530Mhz at the moment but I was wondering what was the best way of reaching 2.5Ghz. A lower multi(10x) and a higher FSB(250)? Would a higher FSB require a change in voltage somewhere? All voltages are currently at stock (CPU Vcore 1.3 and Vdimm is 2.2).

Thank you for tolerating my noobness, any help would be great.

Cheers.

If you are looking for gaming performance you should get the best of 1T.The best thong to find out is to search for the highest 1T frequecny with the smallest latencies and then the same with 2T and do some tests.3Dmark or something.

Excellent, thank you. So I should underclock my DDR2 6400 to achieve 1T timings. Is anyone able to confirm or deny this?

Here's another question that I have. I'll be reducing my memory frequency to around 730Mhz to ensure stability at 1T. Will upping my FSB from the 230 I have now to closer to 300 effect my performance at all or is that value just used to overclock the CPU and determine the HTT speed?

Will increasing the FSB give me much performance gains? Is it saturated already at 230 with DDR2@800?