Nvidia 8800 series ?

hewi-

anybody here running a 8800 GTS/GTX on this board, and if so how is it working for you ? My X1800XT got fried and im trying to decide wether to get a 8800GTS or just stick with a cheap X1950 PRO or sumthing untill the DX10 cards mature a bit. i'ts just that i've had more than enough troubles with this mobo so far and it would literally kill me if I spend 400€ on a highlevel GFX and it's ends up badly, lol.

So all input is appreciated.

Well....I found 2 Sapphire X1950 PRO cards for cheap so im gonna run a Crossfire setup and see how that feels like :)

Im sure you wont be struggling in performance. Im just looking to add a 2nd x1800xt to the mix here in Feb.

I myself am not ready to jump to Dx10 and Vista till around 2008. I would go sooner, but I like to let things mature a tad. I dont think you especially or I, will be struggling @ 16x12 in Dx9.

anybody here running a 8800 GTS/GTX on this board, and if so how is it working for you ? My X1800XT got fried and im trying to decide wether to get a 8800GTS or just stick with a cheap X1950 PRO or sumthing untill the DX10 cards mature a bit. i'ts just that i've had more than enough troubles with this mobo so far and it would literally kill me if I spend 400€ on a highlevel GFX and it's ends up badly, lol.

Here are my results on the Infinity/C2D/8800GTS/Ballistix.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...63&postcount=37

I must be really lucky with my DFI boards, not one of them gave me the cold boot issue or any problems I could not solve. I fired up this board from the first post, then proceeded to OC till I got to the OCDB settings. Tell you what though, its one hell of a difficult board when things go wrong. I found it out when I tried to go above 400x9. I had to buy a cheap ddr2 sticks to get it going again.

No problems with mine, worked like a charm before I moved onto an AM2 system for a bit. :)

(I used both the GTS and GTX by the way, if you don't have a super high resolution monitor there is nor reason to get the GTX in my opinion, the GTS is very, very powerful for the price. If you always game at 1600x1200 or higher and love having the eyecandy, the GTX is the better move IMO.

Yeayea, is the phsyx card worth it?

Nope.

No problems with mine, worked like a charm before I moved onto an AM2 system for a bit. :)

(I used both the GTS and GTX by the way, if you don't have a super high resolution monitor there is nor reason to get the GTX in my opinion, the GTS is very, very powerful for the price. If you always game at 1600x1200 or higher and love having the eyecandy, the GTX is the better move IMO.

Nope.

I have to disagree with you the M8, I believe that the GTS is great up to 1680 X 1050 or 1600 X 1200 even with all the eye candy on, its @ 1920 X 1200 you will start to see the difference in the two cards, even my 1900XT could run max res and eye candy on my system IMO!