Christmas Decorations

red930

Well, I just printed out my Christmas Tree.

The nice thing is I can change my tree simply by printing another.

Anyone else want to share their Christmas decorating tips?

1. Never try to hang your exterior christmas lights after you've been drinking. Ladders, electricity and alcohol do not mix.

2. No matter how goofy it looks, never complain about how uneven your wife has hung the decorations on the christmas tree (especially immediately following your return from the emergency room as a result of number one above).

3. For years I took the wife and kids out to cut a fresh tree for the house. Two years ago I was life-threatening sick so the Mrs. went out and bought a fake tree. Now I wonder why we didn't do that 20 years ago.

4. Just leave the exterior lights up all year long. Since they are made in China now, they never work for more than one season anyway, whether you leave them up or take them down. Plus searching for that one burnt out bulb that keeps that whole section from working can really piss you off. Especially if number one above applies.

5. Pictures of you kissing co-workers or your secretary during the annual company christmas party do not qualify as decorations, and should be promptly destroyed as soon as you find all of the copies.

And on a serious note;

6. Teach your kids early that christmas is about much more than decorations, food and presents. Teach them the true meaning of Christmas, and give them the most precious gift of all - your undivided attention, time and love during the holidays.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Well i did go outta my way wih decorations years before this one, but i didnt have the time this year...

So its just the three with light in it from last year, who cares and lots of balls...all done by my kids:)

Granted it looks hidious by designer view, but we like it...

One present though, a family present for them:)

And two days of cooking , prob with/by the kids...my family as in grandma and such aint welcome this year: just me, de kids, the ex and 1 special friend who would have been alone otherwise...And i dont leave peeps alone at christmass if i can help it:)

The one rule i have for this year is.....plz relax and have a smile on your face:)

This Christmas should be great, my kid is 1/12 years old now and he can finally enjoy his second Christmas now. I cut out the obnoxious part of my family, so now we can all enjoy the holiday without loud and rude behavior, and the negativity from my side of the family will hardly be missed. We have a fake tree as well, takes 10 minutes to set up ;)

When I was young my old Ma used to go over the top on Christmas with a fake tree with flashing lights with so much on it that it used to droop, So many ornaments that play a high pitched tune that used to drive me nuts, hanging decorations from each corner of the ceiling to the other. We even had garden decorations in the house like the 3 foot glowing plastic Santa and snowman. The place looked like a grotto, just watching TV your prepared for a line of kids coming in, sitting on your lap and telling you what they want. The worst part is she used to do all this on November 1st and take it down on January 1st. My buddies would come in and just laugh their asses of at the sheer abundance of Santa's n ..

Now I do the simple fake tree just to put the presents under for the kid and the cookies n milk for me before I go to bed..lol

If it was up to me, we'd not put up a tree or even celebrate this hallmark holiday. The wife on the other hand is an xmas freak who has to attempt to make the house look as gaudy as she possibly can. Yes, my nickname is Scrooge this time of year.

My daughter has gone berserk with the cheap imported Chinese fairy lights this year - I feel I'm part of the Griswall family. The bloody things are everywhere - out the front, on the roof, around the back and somehow, circling around the pool a few time (at a safe distance from the water mind you). At least my kids are old enough to put up (most of) the decorations themselves now BUT they don't seem to know how to take them down... that's usually up to me :( Anyhow, this will be my last Christmas in this house as I will file for divorce sometime next year (that'll be after 4 years of separation residing in the same house as my ex.) Separation and a family Christmas doesn't mix all that well.

PS. Something my girlfriend has learned though (note: my girlfriend had nothing to do with my separation, I've only been seeing her for the last 15 months)... a 3 months old kitten and a cheap-ish unstable fake tree don't mix all that well. Being in an apartment, the little bugger doesn't have anything (apart from curtains and fly screens) to climb so she plays "big white hunter" in the Christmas tree. She knocks the thing over every other day necessitating a rebuild after retrieving the decorations from under the lounge and other hard to reach locations. Hopefully next year she'll be a little older and wiser but I doubt it.

Oh, I almost forgot... I read the other day that the Ukraine has been having trouble with people poaching trees from the parks and what-not so they don't have to buy a tree. What the towns are doing is either painting the trees some garish colour or spraying them with a chemical that makes them smell offensive.

1. Never try to hang your exterior christmas lights after you've been drinking. Ladders, electricity and alcohol do not mix.

2. No matter how goofy it looks, never complain about how uneven your wife has hung the decorations on the christmas tree (especially immediately following your return from the emergency room as a result of number one above).

3. For years I took the wife and kids out to cut a fresh tree for the house. Two years ago I was life-threatening sick so the Mrs. went out and bought a fake tree. Now I wonder why we didn't do that 20 years ago.

4. Just leave the exterior lights up all year long. Since they are made in China now, they never work for more than one season anyway, whether you leave them up or take them down. Plus searching for that one burnt out bulb that keeps that whole section from working can really piss you off. Especially if number one above applies.

5. Pictures of you kissing co-workers or your secretary during the annual company christmas party do not qualify as decorations, and should be promptly destroyed as soon as you find all of the copies.

And on a serious note;

6. Teach your kids early that christmas is about much more than decorations, food and presents. Teach them the true meaning of Christmas, and give them the most precious gift of all - your undivided attention, time and love during the holidays.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

And on a serious note;

LOL at 1-5.

Kudos to 6. A lot of people seem to gravitate more towards the materialistic side of Christmas nowadays rather than just spending time together with loved ones.

Got my outside Christmas decoration up today.

I took a pic of the house then used MS Paint to draw some nice decorations on it. I even covered the front yard with snow. Man, that was tough!

I printed it out and stuck it in the front window.

I also printed out a new Christmas tree just for the heck of it. Now I have two Christmas trees up.