Sign in to follow this  
kefart

Graphics card running at PCI-E 2x??

My graphics card is in the second slot on my DFI NF4 Ultra-D Motherboard at 2x speed. Anyone know how to fix this? I have a Big Typhoon so running it in the first slot is kind of hard.

thanks in advance.

Make a sig or you'll get booted by the mods.

As far as the 2X goes you need to move the sli jumpers (look in the manual) to make both slots run at 8X. The default is 16X for the slot closest to the cpu and 2X for the other one.

OK thanks for that. So there is no way to make the bottom slot run at 16x? And with my 6600GT will I loose any performance? (not that it is a performance card anyway).

Thanks

The only slot capable of running at x16 is the top slot. It will make no difference if the slot is running at x8 or x16. The card doesn't need anywhere near the bandwidth of x8.

As sswilson says move the sli jumpers and your golden at x8,,,,,just noticed your psu in your sig, ouch, Thermaltake XP550NP 430W PSU this is not on the DFI User Recommended Psu List, if you get problems down the line then you could start looking there....

Logan