Sign in to follow this  
k€lticknight

halo2 for pc

sell them on the forums here and everywhere, put them on ebay, etc

…I have never sold my old games*.

Or you could just send them to me... I'm only a few hundred miles away

P.M. me if you (and anyone) are interested in (I will not be able to reply promptly – I have some business to take care of at Lake Yantar tonight).

The thing is, I activated the games already, so I wonder if you could activate them on you Vista box...

*don’t know why, I still keep old PC games. Sometimes I’d really like to go back to some of the old games. I tried once and the game just did not run; I was not able to run Quake II on WinXP… I was planning to install and run Clive Barker's Undying, but I just gave up because Quake II failed on WinXP. I wonder if you guys know how to run old PC games on the new/latest Windows OS for which the games were not targeted (I also like to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein, too).

You could try running them in different compatibility modes. In the properties menu under the compatibility tab.

…I have never sold my old games*.

Me neither, and I do regret throwing out all the games from the Vic20/64, but I still have a room in the basement full of games (boxes included) from about circa 1998 'till today.

The ten year gap in between was when I must have had a life, but it's a bit hazy. :D

Man my math sucks.

or you could just suck it up, take the loss, and realize you won't ever just buy a game without playing a demo first (lesson I learned 10+ years ago haha)

Indeed. I usually try the demos but at this time, Halo 2 has been very popular and I assumed that the game would be good to play on PC (I just could not stand the game’s old graphics after I played the PC games that provide spuerb graphics)...

You could try running them in different compatibility modes. In the properties menu under the compatibility tab.

Thanks. I will try.

O and the people that are on M$ official Halo 2 Vista forums are a bunch of how should I say this retards, and thats giving them to much credit. One guy told me the reason my Halo 2 doesn't work is because I only have 1GB of ram and that I should spend the $30-$40 to buy another 1GB stick of PC3500 ram. :shake: After I posted my system specs. Idk what stupid tree he fell out of but he hit every branch on the way down.

@ Rainwood Did you install the version 1.20 or whatever patch? Its been awhile since I tested but mine worked like it did on 98.

Guest Lord Sauron

Here is a mini-review for all you people wanting to buy Halo2 for Vista:

Game Synopsis:

Yuck, Ick ick yuck.. yuck yuck yuck ick crap turn ick 3 years old ick crap yuck. Turd poop Master Chief crap puke Cortana. Halo2 turd crap . crap-o-la turd abysmal.

Graphics: 2/10

Crap textures, ick crap turd no good. ick crap crap ..

Sound: 5/10

Best part of the ick, crap and turd

Gameplay: 2/10

Buy Half Life 2, or FEAR or ANYTHING FPS because Halo2 is crap, ick yuck, turd

Overall :0/10

DONT BOTHER....

Hope that clears things up...

:D

Yeah what he said, This game still looks like the origonal Halo but has system requirements that are higher than almost any other new game currently on the market. Battlefield 2 will run on systems that Halo 2 won't, and Battlefield 2 has 200x better graphics.